Sponsored

The PNW Bronco Group

Group for Bronco owners (past, present & future) in the Pacific Northwest
motoring
Finished the new spring install, and it made quite a difference. I really like the quality of the LOD Offroad parts. Not so happy with Ford Quality... Had two bolts gall as I was disassembling the suspension, one of the lower control arm Cam Bolts, and one of the bolts that hold on the lower radiator support (the same bracket location as the standard bumper tow hooks.

Before the new springs (after bumper install)
20220922_161649.jpg

After spring install, including the new front skid plate and front diff cover.
20220929_173504.jpg
Show full message
Lak34ers
Lak34ers
Did it sag down that much infront just from the new bumper weight?
motoring
motoring
Yes, lots of steel, and a 12k Warn Evo Winch
Mikerider
Mikerider
What springs did you go with?
motoring
motoring
ARB Old Man Emu Medium weight front springs. they are specifically for the 4 door, but they fit just fine on the factory bilsteins.
Mikerider
Mikerider
Thanks, considering a spring change on my badlands for a bit more height after winch and gear install. how's the ride on the medium springs?
motoring
motoring
last night was the first drive, seemed pretty similar to the ride before adding the bumper and winch.
rwm01
After a couple of weeks, how's the ride? I'm waiting on the Summit bumper to get here, will probably need to swap the springs too.
motoring
motoring
Ride is very much like it was before the upgrades. It has raised the front enough that the headlights are aimed to high, so I need to make an adjustment to not blind everybody
Reactions: rwm01

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views