Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Southern62
Afternoon, finally got my production week and VIN. Had to change from Cyber Orange :( to Eruption Green, my second choice. I have ordered a mall crawler version AKA Outer Banks (2 door, 2.7,Lux)

Question. I am in middle Georgia. Where can I find easy forest service roads for day trips? The last time I seriously off roaded was in the 80s with a Toyota Hi Lux in Mississippi mud! I did own a Jeep in the early 2000s but switched back to muscle cars in 2010. Bad knees resulted in a replacement and a severe dislike of climbing out of my low to the ground Challenger! Not looking to climb rocks or even hit much mud, just nice unimproved trails through the woods. Who knows unless I get pushed again from 28 November I might even have it for Christmas, ok, New Years...
Show full message
Reactions: cashe3
rws
rws
Congrats on the good news! Regarding finding trails, I've started to look through All Trails, OnX OffRoad and some of the other trail / gps apps. Additionally, I've been looking through Trips posts to find out where others are venturing. Like you, I have set some guidelines on the types of off-roading, trail ridging I'd like to do, and the apps as well as many trip reports provide insight sufficient for planning. Just a few options for you to work on while you await delivery. :)
LoboDelRio
LoboDelRio
Congrats! Public trails around Middle Georgia are far and few. There used to be a couple up around Oconee National, but as far as I know they've all been closed or restricted to ATV. I'm not sure about the status on local FR's. There was a pretty decent one going through Piedmont Wildlife Refuge, but I haven't explored that way in a few years (and people were starting to claim/reclaim homesteads which causes other issues). I'm fortunate enough to know several large land owners that allow me in, but that doesn't do much for anyone else. Depending on your job and life, you may find someone you work with or maybe at church if you attend that might hook you up with a play place.
Unfortunately a lot of people just go rogue and trespass (especially high schoolers, which hey, I was one so I get it). I wouldn't recommend this. I'm constantly chasing them out of my small property, largely because they can't clean up after themselves and like setting fires they have no way to control.
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
The middle GA bronco group on Facebook will probably have some of the best first hand trail knowledge for your area.
cashe3
cashe3
As I'm in north GA, can't help. But congrats on the date and don't worry EG is the best color!!
Reactions: Southern62
Raptortothis
@cashe3 what do you like in N GA ? I’ve explored there a little in recent years but nothing good. Needed a guide or a plan. Got a new BRap should arrive any day. Don’t want red clay and this thing is got wide hips
cashe3
cashe3
@Raptortothis well North Ga has as much red clay as middle Ga, so there's that.

I like Sarah's creek for a "first time" it has one challenging washout which will be easy in a BRapt. The rest is just a nice drive. Dillard is close by and I use any excuse to visit Dillard House restaurant.

I grew up near Beasley Knob, and it definitely has challenging areas, but plenty of roads to travel if you just feel like a drive on dirt. Beasley usually closes if there has been rain, so check ahead.

I haven't been on Tray Mountain in a long time, but it is on the list to hit soon.
Reactions: rws
Billnchristy
Billnchristy
The forest service road that is the AT trailhead for Springer mountain is a good one to start with. It has sections that are passable for normal cars and others that are just plain rough.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views