Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
WheelMe
Another Hollister Hills run is being organized for this Sunday at 10 AM by Bay Area Broncos on Facebook. I'll post details as they become available, and if folks are interested.
Show full message
menikmati
menikmati
Interested, but not on FB. Appreciate any details that you can provide. Beginner friendly?
WheelMe
WheelMe
Yes, all-levels-friendly. Just let the "trail boss" know what you've done/not done with your rig, and he'll make sure that you clear everything comfortably. His name's Rusty Piton.
menikmati
menikmati
Thanks! Any more details about meeting time and location? Total noob here, so I don't have a portable air source, GMRS radio, etc. Hope this is okay, or I can try to borrow something from a friend before Sunday.
WheelMe
WheelMe
@menikmati Meeting time is still 10 AM, but the exact meeting place isn't settled. Once I know more I'll announce it here. As I'm headed out of town tomorrow, with no network access, PM Me your cell # so that I can forward it to Rusty, to keep you informed tomorrow of any updates/changes.
Sewie
Sewie
@menikmati there is an air station at the main entrance
bman3000
bman3000
We are going to be meeting at the Upper Ranch entrance about 10/1030 on Sunday. I’ve got extra radios and air for those who need it. We’ll be on GMRS ch7. Should be a pretty chill run, nice thing about Hollister is there’s not a lot of required obstacle but they are available if your feeling it.
Toomuchgear
Toomuchgear
Darn, I can't make this weekend run with you guys, have fun and Happy Thanksgiving!
Sewie
Sewie
Can’t make it tomorrow. Was there today for the NAXJA toy run. Lots of Broncos there too. 5-6 in our group plus another 3 tooling around. Saw Rusty on my way out too.
WheelMe
WheelMe
Sewie
Sewie
@WheelMe North American XJ Association. A friend of mine was running the local toy drive for the Sierra chapter.
menikmati
menikmati
Had a great time at HH on Sunday with @bman3000 and one other Bronco. I'm a first timer, so my heart was racing in the first 15min and I winced at the first sounds of metal scraping, but I was amazed by what a stock Bronco can do. I couldn't have done it without friendly, experienced folks in the group though. They even put up with my 7yo son's radio chatter. Looking forward to future adventures with this group!

IMG_20221120_210910.jpg

PXL_20221120_203522027.jpg

PXL_20221120_212725072.jpg

PXL_20221120_212814812.jpg

Even had a Bronco traffic jam! Baby Bronco was out with paper plates for a first run.
PXL_20221120_204947521.jpg
Reactions: WheelMe and Sewie
WheelMe
WheelMe
@menikmati Very glad that you enjoyed your first time out! The Broncs you wheeled with are some of the best guys in South Bay :)
Toomuchgear
Toomuchgear
Sorry I missed the run, great pix and hope to join you all on the next one. Happy Thanksgiving!
WheelMe
WheelMe
@Toomuchgear We'll make this a "tri-monthly" run! There are some trails that I haven't yet explored, so I'm happy to keep hitting HH till I've done them all, and then some.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views