Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Anyone else found a way of seeing when the dealer has a schedule delivery from the Port? My Bronco is waiting at the Port of Richmond and has a status of pending pick up. My dealer rarely answers and when they do it’s just very quick so just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a “ship” date from the port to the dealer. Also has anyone else received a bronco ordering from Michael Stead’s Hilltop Ford? If so how long did your bronco sit at the port from when you received it?
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: bloominguez
WheelMe
WheelMe
For North Bay Ford of Santa Cruz, it seems that cars get shipped once there are more than six or seven sitting in the lot. NBF currently has four cars, we'll see if they get shipped after a few more come in. I've seen cars sit for up to a week without getting shipped - the lot had 13 NBF cars awaiting shipment then. Hope some of this helps you.

My wife has a Mach-E that arrived in Richmond on 11/14; it showed up on United Road's tracker yesterday, status "pending pickup"; also awaiting shipment are two Broncos, and a Maverick that just popped up on the tracker this morning.
Bgallie
My bronco supposedly arrived in Richmond on 11/14 as well it shows about 10 cars that are set to be delivered to hilltop ford…once it says pending pick up does that mean it’s scheduled to be picked up or just sitting there with no update really?
View previous replies…
WheelMe
WheelMe
@Bgallie I don't use a phone to check; the website version doesn't show that information. No idea what load child/individual means.

CORRECTION: the website does have the drop-down arrow - mine shows Load Individual, as do the other three vehicles headed to my dealer.
Bgallie
@WheelMe I’ll have to check on a desktop too and see what’s different lol
WheelMe
WheelMe
@Bgallie Refresh your screen and see my EDITED previous message.
RangerDanger
RangerDanger
We purchased from Michael Stead’s Hilltop Ford in January. Took about 5 days from arrival at the train yard till delivery at the dealer. I was never able to find a way to track from train yard to the dealer and both Sean Driver and Maria siad they couldn't estimate delivery as they had a truck driver shortage at the time.
WheelMe
WheelMe
@RangerDanger I did set up email notifications for Shipment and Delivery on the United Road tracker, but other than that, I can't gauge how long it'll take to get my car on a truck. I did notice that the last shipment consisted of six vehicles; there are currently four vehicles on the ground for my dealer. Each car-hauling trailer can handle six to eight cars, according to the "Internet"; there are lots of Ford dealers between Richmond and Santa Cruz, of course, along the I-880 corridor. Unfortunately, I don't believe that car hauling drivers work weekends.
Gloff
Gloff
Hilltop's proximity to the port means that the dealer likely doesn't know they're receiving the shipment until the day it will arrive. There's really no way to track it since the transport co. dispatches based on availability and location. When it ships, the dealer will get a notification, and the vehicle will likely be there in a couple hours from that notification.
Lake Tahoe Traveler
Lake Tahoe Traveler
I order/purchased my Badlands from Walnut Creek Ford —- sister dealers part of Stead Auto Group.

From the Richmond Rail yard…It all matters on how many cars are ahead of you waiting to be trucked….

For example there were at least 50 cars ahead of me when my train car landed at Richmond…All of those cars were waiting truck transport ahead of me….

Then once it hits the dealership it can take up to two days to inspect and detail for pick up…

Enclosed are pics of tracking the transport “live” from the rail yard… to unloading the transport at the WCFord delivery lot!

I hope this helps.
9F107C57-1A51-403D-8C75-E1161A0D3FFF.jpeg
AEB7B516-1118-4497-BCFD-37AB2EEB5321.jpeg
49EEDDB8-BD57-479D-A00F-FFD352E7C61A.jpeg
12CF7D9D-D799-4924-94BB-C39048324513.jpeg

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members