Sponsored

Bronco Enthusiasts of Connecticut

This group is for Connecticut Bronco and other off-road enthusiasts. Please join and we will get organized as we go down the road a bit... Want to help? Please let us know…
SavSqch
Alright guys. I just picked up my Bronco from @Dubsesd shop CT Window Film. I finally had full Matte PPF installed with some other goodies as well! Let me know what you think. I can definitely go to the mall parking lots now and not worry about any trial damage!

In addition to the PPF they installed Ditch lights, Fog lights, Bronco grille lights and most importantly an ARB compressor mounted under the hood so I can air up and down my tires for the sand when I go on the beaches!.

once again thanks @Dubsesd for getting this done it came out great. I recommend everyone to check him out.
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: StachioAttack72
Steve62
Steve62
Looks great!
SavSqch
SavSqch
Thanks man! Are you local! I’m obsessed with getting a local CT crew together ! Can’t let Jeeps do all the fun!
CT203
CT203
Really nice. I’m sure pictures don’t do it justice. What beaches are you planning on?
SavSqch
SavSqch
We are going to do Block Trip and in Rhode island. Just need like a 30 or 50 dollar pass for summer. In Rhode Island We’ll be after 5 pm. Where you located?
CT203
CT203
Weston. Been wanting to go to Nantucket for years. Having the Bronco makes me want to go even more. Your post made me read up on RI's permit and locations where you can drive on the beach. This might have to happen. Your compressor makes more sense now!
TScals
TScals
I took my Bronco to Nantucket last summer. So many Broncos down there. It's fun to drive the island circuit. Lots of slow, bumpy sand roads on the north beaches. And some mid-island tight trails that caused some pin-striping on my paint.
Reactions: CT203
TScals
TScals
Which fog lights did you go with and what was the cost? Looking to add these soon. Was considering the Oracles, but saw some recent reviews that gave me pause.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@TScals dude the reviews are bullshit. They are oracles and are perfect. 330 bucks and done. I’llmeetup so you can see them anytime
TScals
TScals
@SavSqch Do you have them connected to an AUX switch? Are all the lights compliant, or did you split them for regular road floods vs off-road use?
SavSqch
SavSqch
@TScals 100% complant. Let’s meet up sometime I’llshow you
SavSqch
SavSqch
@CT203 @TScals yes let’s go! If you two go, @Dubsesd goes and guy from West Hartford that’s 5 sick Broncos! I want get some monthly meetups. Final part of compressor coming and we can air up and down on board and set psi via cell phone! We will be all set. That freaking air compressor is a 1500 dollar project and I want get money out of it lol
Reactions: Dubsesd
View previous replies…
Steve62
Steve62
TScals
TScals
@SavSqch Getting a car to ACK is no small task. You have to book way in advance and the slots on the ferry (over $600 roundtrip) sell out within minutes of opening. The only hotter ticket is Taylor Swift.
I have the Napa compressor and FastFlate 4 tire system. Can go from 10psi to 35psi in about 6 minutes for all 4 tires. It takes a few minutes to connect the tubing, but worth it for about $300 all-in.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@TScals what if I told you I know a guy :). No worries we getting in with a photographer!
TScals
TScals
Your Bronco looks very sharp BTW. Wishing I held out for the hardtop. Looks super clean. Are the ditch lights also Oracle?
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
@SavSqch meh looks ok. KIDDING! Knowing who did the wrap is proof enough it looks even better in person.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@CT203 @TScals @Steve62 you guys down for Thursday meet up and pizza and some mods on few Broncos? Would be great meet you guys!
Steve62
Steve62
@SavSqch Thank you for the invite. Unfortunately I cant this Thursday. Where is the shop?
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Steve62 Stratford. I’m driving about an hour to go. Taking next day off work lol
CT203
CT203
@SavSqch Thursday will be tough for me. Typically a later work day. Love the enthusiasm however!
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
@SavSqch awesome, more of us to stand around and try to figure out how to take a fender flare out 😂😂😂.
CT203
CT203
Curious if any of the CT Bronco owners have done audio upgrades. At some point I’d love to hear the difference in person before I go down that road. The ‘23 B&O isn’t awful, but I of course want it better.
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
@CT203 I have the base system. I put in a kicker key amp replaced the speakers with kickers and installed a hideaway sub. It sounds way better then stock but still missing something lol. It probably sounds like the b&o does
SavSqch
SavSqch
@CT203 I’m trying to change the meetup to Friday ! Come and I’ll show you my completely stock BO radio that does phenomenal on Sports Radio that I use it for lol
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
Well I went a little nuts on IAG so another meetup mod might may be in the works.
View previous replies…
CT203
CT203
@Dubsesd I just placed a small IAG order - soft top struts and window bag. I now hear the struts make it more difficult to put the top down. Easier to put the back up, but I guess there is a trade off... I'll have to figure out which annoyance I'm less bothered by! Friday won't work for me. I have enough trouble finding free time to get together with the few existing friends I have! I'd like to make it work though. Keep me in the loop.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@CT203 you will make new friends US lol!
CT203
CT203
@SavSqch That's the hope! We can drive over stuff!!
SavSqch
SavSqch
Steve62
Steve62
Hi guys. I'm having DV8 bumpers installed on Thursday. The rear bumper is the FS-15 Series with two flush mounted light pods. I can either have them connected to an auxiliary switch for back lighting which might be handy fishing on the beach or have them tied into my reverse lights. Any thoughts or opinions?
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
No go for Friday, we are getting it done on Thursday.
SavSqch
SavSqch
We are all gung ho for Stach new lights on Bronco tomorrow!!!! You going amber or white?? Text me a pic of the lights
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
Going amber! I’ll grab a few pies from Paradise Pizza.
Reactions: Dubsesd
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
@StachioAttack72 I love paradise pizza. I’ll be looking forward to that! Gonna eat a large by myself lmao
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Dubsesd @StachioAttack72 guys unfortunately work has me backed up and I will be working late. Please text me tons of pics. I will be there in spirit. Hope we can get together soon
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
Since I just got laid off today, an evening tinkering with my Bronco is a welcome respite.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@StachioAttack72 ugh dude I’m sorry. Permanent lay off? You are installing expensive part is that wise…..
CT203
CT203
@StachioAttack72 Damn. Sorry to hear that. What kind of work? Maybe someone here has a hookup or can otherwise help. I think we’ll be seeing more layoffs in the next year sadly.
StachioAttack72
StachioAttack72
I am a Product Designer (UX/UI), working on updating my portfolio this week and I’ll post it here for sure.

oh and here’s what the headlights look like. @Dubsesd comes out on top again!

Steve62
Steve62
Hi guys. I had DV8 front and rear bumpers installed by Precision Performance in Wilton. I considered trying it myself, but I had fog lights and pods installed in the front and back as well and didn't feel comfortable trying to do the wiring. Picked it up this afternoon and I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.53.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.54.05 PM.png
CT203
CT203
I’m around the corner. They do great work there. Did McMahon ding you with an ADM?
Steve62
Steve62
I really like the people at Precision and agree they do great work. They did my lift last year. As far as McMahon goes, there was never even any discussion of a markup. They were terrific.
CT203
CT203
Glad you had great experiences! The bumper looks great by the way. I’m jealous. McMahon: I was told there’d be markups 3 different times (I went back for more test drives) before I finally ordered at a different dealer. Everything else about them seemed good however. I’ll still go there for service.
Do you plan on doing any off roading? Tough to find anywhere too close.
Steve62
Steve62
I'm surprised about your experience with McMahon. They never eleven brought up a markup. I picked up mine in October of '21. I guess things changed as time went on.

The only off-roading I really do is driving on the beach Nantucket. I did the off roadeo in New Hampshire and that stuff was incredibly fun, but way beyond anything I've ever done on the beach. How about you? Any plans?
CT203
CT203
I wanted to get out to Nantucket this year for the first time, but not looking good time wise. May take a trip to Rausch in NJ. My off road experience is limited to some old forest roads years ago. I don’t want to get into anything that could cause damage but I do want to have a little fun.
Steve62
Steve62
Did you see the post here about the ride in NJ this weekend? That looked pretty easy, but like a lot of fun.
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Steve62 @CT203 I’mdown you guys. Let’s all get together soon. Grab some pizza and shoot the shit about broncos lol
Steve62
Steve62
Do any of you know of a shop who has FORScan to do a tire size recalibration?
SavSqch
SavSqch
@Steve62 what size did you get!?? 37s??!!!!!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views