Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
GreatDaneMom
Just got the Bestop Trektop installed! I love it! A couple of things... the Bestop site lists the cost of installation at $250. To get that price you need to contact Bestop and have them schedule one of their installers. Everyone else I called was at least $400+. There are only a few installers in the Atlanta area. Current wait time is at least two weeks for installation; however, they reached out when they had a cancellation and I was able to get it installed that same week.

It took two people four hours to complete the installation. They've done hundreds of Wrangler installs and lots of four-door Broncos. They said that mine was only the fourth two-door Bronco top they installed. Tim also mentioned there are more parts for the two-door, so be prepared for that.

Note that the top should be at least 72 degrees in order for it to stretch enough for installation. They kept the top in their truck cab with the heaters running while they installed the hardware.

Once the top is installed, it's TIGHT! I read on the forums that some owners weren't able to unlatch it once installed. Tim said that he's even had a few owners ask him to remove the top because they couldn't open it. It did take us several minutes to get it to unlatch. I found that pulling down on the top while releasing the latch (letting the latch "flick" up on its own) helped. It'll get easier with time as the top stretches a bit, but expect to put some muscle into operating it at the outset.

Several videos show one person opening the top with one hand from one side of the Bronco. I'm not a weakling by any stretch of the imagination, still I had to open it from the inside with my knees on the console. It's heavy. But I imagine this too will get easier over time as things loosen up.

All in all I love this top! It fits like a glove, and there's very little wind noise even at 80 mph. Easy to have a conversation and/or listen to music.

Looking forward to a truly open-air experience when the weather warms up!
Show full message

Attachments

ATLBronco75
ATLBronco75
I’ve got this top on the four-door and I also love it. If the flapping bothers you, I added foam covers to my bars and the roof is much more quiet now.
rws
rws
I've had my eye on that top for my 4-door as a summer time alternative to the MIC top. I think it looks great! I just can't decide if I am up for the swap from MIC to Bestop to MIC each year. :)
LIVETOLEARN
LIVETOLEARN
Who did you use? Did you go through Bestop? I've had one of these tops sitting in my garage for at least 6 months. I've come to the conclusion I'm not doing this without a second pair of hands.
Reactions: GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
GreatDaneMom
@LIVETOLEARN I called Bestop to schedule the installation. That's the only way to get the $250 installation price. I watched them do the install, and it seems you definitely need an extra pair of hands. It was well worth it to me to have experienced installers do the job, especially at that price and considering they came to my house. Good luck!
Reactions: rws

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views