Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
JeepsR4kids
Spring is fast approaching and I can’t wait to hit the trails. If you’re interested in hitting a trail this spring and know a trail that you have experience on, naming the trail, I’ll be looking for these to run a group on the trails that are named. Thanks fellow 6G owners, can’t wait to meet up
Show full message
Murph914
Murph914
Best place for trails is on Northeast Bronco 6g on facebook. We’re doing a trail ride on February 18th.
Murph914
Murph914
I try to, but if folks want to be part of the local rides that’s where the info is.
RhodeIslandRed
RhodeIslandRed
Where is the trail ride on 2/18? I'm not on facebook.
Murph914
Murph914
Royalston, ma to richmond, nh
BostonSasquatch
1st Notice: Northampton MA group trail run 04/15 and-or 04/16 and-or 04-17, the "Ma Bell" Trail!

The "Ma Bell" is a true off-road trail, not a rough unimproved road, that was cut for a telephone pole line in Northampton, western Massachusetts. It's very New England: rough, irregular rocks and steps set in rock beds or strewn over dirt (or mud!) pathways. April 15-16 should give us good weather, and if there's enough interest, April 17 is a legal holiday in Massachusetts (Patriots Day). I've done it twice, solo, in my Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch without airing down, and rate this a "4" or (at most) a "5" on the Jeep scale. It's an excellent first experience for newbies who have done Off-Roadeo but not much else. And fun for everybody else.

A lifted truck with front & rear lockers and basic off-road tires should handle this okay, with a few challenge spots. Non-Sas trucks should participate if they 1) have challenging off-road experience, 2) true 4x4 with a (low) transfer case, 3) aggressive off-road tires, 4) a spotter who knows how to direct. Note that two Jeeps in video #2 are not lifted.

I'll be sending out group messages to New England Bronco members and others I've identified as geographically appropriate. The agenda: meet 10:00 AM at a convenience store two miles away, air down, and get organized (interspersing newbies and non-Sas trucks with more capable rigs, etc.) Bring or buy a box lunch, then run the trail. I'm allowing an absolute maximum of 15 trucks on each run: it's a little under a mile, and tight in a few places, and just so much room at the top. That will give us time to relax and get down, and maybe meet up for dinner somewhere in Northampton.

This 15-minute video will give you an overview:

If you're interested, this 50-minute shows more of the trail and three very different trucks handling it Note the amount of lift on the Jeeps. They attacked some of the rougher obstacles without using the workarounds:

I'm looking forward to meeting and wheeling with you!
Combustion_King
Combustion_King
i could do the 16th or 17th depending if you guys go.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views