Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
MyATV
It doesn't appear there will be an Ales & Overlands this month. (At least not that I can see as of yet.) I looked back over the past year or so, and they were held in Jan '22, Apr '22, Jun '22, Nov '22, Feb '23 and Apr '23. And they occurred either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Saturday of the month. (3rd Saturday being the most prevalent.)
I'm curious if there's any interest in having a more-regular monthly Bronco meet-up where these have been taking place in Atl (Steady Hand Beer - see map below). Seems to be an ideal locale, as it's in an industrial complex with unlimited parking, plus an outdoor area in parking lot for mingling and having a beer. (No 'beer police' telling you not to wonder into the parking lot with your beer.) Also seems to be fairly dog- and kid-friendly.
If there's any interest, I would propose either the 2nd Sat or 2nd Sun each month. And then on months when there's an official Ales & Overlands there, we could just meet-up then.
Any interest or other suggestions?
Or does anyone know of any other monthly meetups like this in the area?

1683384809667.png
Show full message
FTNBubba
FTNBubba
I am game unless there is an Atlanta United game happening
JDav
JDav
I’d attend occasionally
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
Aside from Ales & Overlands there's also Skottles and Bottles at Sweetwater which I believe is generally monthly. We've also had bronco groups meet up in a section at Caffeine and Octane which is definitely monthly.

Plenty of great trailrides as well.
cashe3
cashe3
I'm WOTP so likely won't make it.
Rspayde
Rspayde
I would be interested in this. I tend to miss 90% of the events anyway. Now if they were north of the perimeter I would have far less of an excuse to not go.
cpmartin1999
id probably get to some, i like the idea but i also end up at a lot of ATL UTD games LOL!!
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Think I’m going to head up to North Ga to run a couple of the trails listed as “easy” to test out the accuracy of the Trails App. Want to ensure these are public access dirt roads, etc. Basically that’s all these are, some dirt roads. Forest Service Road 28-I hooks up with Cooper Gap Road for around 16-18 miles of dirt. Should be a decent looking feet wet run. May try this Sunday if it doesn’t rain. If anyone wants to get a little dust on the tires, give a holler. Anyone familiar with these trails please share thoughts?
View previous replies…
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@Gene Dios That's exactly what I'm wanting to see and get a feel for. I use Gaia for off-road Nav, and it's likely me, but there's been times where I've missed where a trail crosses into private property. Maybe the app mentioned it, but there are times it isn't so obvious and not like I use the App all the time. If the Trail App can at least keep us on public access, or let us know when a trail is in a state park or national with an entry fee, that would be helpful. Those new to this could get intimidated by the patchwork mess of planning an outing. After a while you get used to it and maybe it's part of the fun for some, but clarity is always good. Once I install or have installed my ARB compressor, then I'll tackle some of those listed as "Difficult" in the Trail App, when they're just moderate in other apps.
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
@MadMan4BamaNATL Come with us to Beasley on the 28th. We have air and there's no pressure to skip the worrisome trail options.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@Gene Dios Can you DM me the details, unless posted on the forum somewhere? Sounds like some fun. I’ll be around Memorial Day weekend.
cashe3
cashe3
Can't make Sunday 5/28, but I will be doing something on 5/27.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Good afternoon to my Georgia Bronco kin, just sending out a last invite to test out some easier trails in North GA on tomorrow morning (May 21) at roughly 10:00am. So far, @Rspayde has said he’d join since it’s sort of in his neighborhood. We’ll have some fun and nothing that’ll be any trouble for the Bronco no matter your configuration.. I’ll roll out from Atlanta at around 8:00am to get up to Dahlonega. We plan to start at Forest Service Road 28-1 meeting near the trailhead near a church close by and it runs right into Cooper Gap (I think). Together they’re about 18 miles of mostly just unpaved road. If feeling frisky, we may run another that’ll be more interesting and will play by ear. Anyone else is more than welcome to come join. It’s a feet wet outing in nature, so yeah! Just give a holler or see you at the trailhead. DM if you need any other details since I’ve rambled on long enough here.
JDav
JDav
I’m a maybe. Is Nimblewill Church the meeting spot?
Reactions: MadMan4BamaNATL
Rspayde
Rspayde
@JDav yes nimblewell church I am planning to make it out see what the morning holds though.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@JDav Yes, that’s the church! They may be in service, so I’ll be close by and likely not in their lot. They may not appreciate classic rock for Sunday morning service. Ha ha!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views