Sponsored

Ohio Bronco Club

The group is for Ohio Bronco enthusiasts looking to meet up and discuss everything to do with the Bronco, off- roading and tuning and whatever else brings us together. Its a Bronco Family
Anyone have a 7 Speed manual transmission that they had to get repaired at Ford AutoNation Westlake recently for TSB 22-2371?
Show full message
  • Wow
Reactions: BigMex
BigMex
BigMex
No. I’m in Columbus and haven’t dealt with this yet. Is everything okay?
Brok3nBronco
There was another Bronco being repair along side mine. Just wanted to get a little feedback from that persons repair. f they happened to be here. I have reason to believe the dealer wrote in a part number that they didn't not use. I had provided them an updated pn that FORD released. They sent me pictures of my repair with old pn laying on counter but wrote new one I shared on order. I think that was just to appease me and get me out of their hair. Anyways the repair is already showing signs of the noise returning and if they put the old unrevised part number in that would be why but they are basically telling me to go pound rocks and bring it back when it's bad again. 1 week after repair and it's very subtle but already returning.
350vudu
350vudu
@Brok3nBronco man that's hard to hear. I bought my Bronco there and they have always treated me well when I bring my GT350 in for service and when I brought my Bronco in for it's first service.
Brok3nBronco
@350vudu, I'm honestly just curious if the other individual is experiencing any subtle hints of it coming back. They did the service well but they had my car for almost 3 months and parts on order over 5 so they were eager to get me on my way.
Baconator
Baconator
I haven't had this issue, but I read the TSB and was wondering...How loud/noticeable is the rotational
scraping noise? Is it subtle or is it loud enough that you know something is wrong? Thanks!
Brok3nBronco
@Baconator it is very mixed. Mine originally started subtle a month into ownership and evolved to performance issues and sounding like a jack hammer during warm up, have gears grind out for no reason when they were already engaged and clutch to floor. at that point it was loud enough you could hear from 20+ft away. Others are subtle, some very noticable some minor. What I do know the vehicle was awesome right after repair but now 11 days out it's starting all over again for me. The shift is hard and clunky, when it was nice and soft and smooth, the noise is returning and It seems to be getting worse each day. Waiting on customer care to get me an engineer because the dealer ain't going to help without pressure I guess?
Baconator
Baconator
OK thanks for the details. Sorry to hear you are having issues. My only issue has been the "bucking" in first gear, but it hasn't happened in months (knock on wood). The shifting can be clunky at times, but I chalk that up to temperature and user error.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views