Sponsored

Tennessee Bronco Club

A group for Bronco lovers across the great state of Tennessee. From Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville, on through to the Great Smokey Mountains.
I'm doing some initial legwork on a Knoxville trip next summer to scout out the area with the intention of possibly moving in 2024-25. Planning to spend about 10-12 days. Windrock is on the menu one of the days, but what are some non-4x4 sights I should see? I'm thinking early July, or should I go a bit later to really get a feel for the summer heat?
Show full message
865Bronco
865Bronco
July and August are plenty warm here for sure. Windrock is obviously a great spot, for non 4x4 sights I’d recommend a nice trip across the Cherhola Skyway, stop at the Topoco Tavern and back across the Dragon. Depending on what ya like, check out Market Square and go up in the Sunsphere. While in that area go cruise around the UTK campus. East TN is a great spot, lots of water nearby and the mountains in our back yard. Holler if ya have any specific questions I’d be glad to help.
Reactions: Tricky Dick
Tricky Dick
@865Bronco awesome I'll look into those more. We did the Dragon last year without the Bronco and I'll be visiting frequently by bike if we move. It was late June when we passed though and I thought the weather was fantastic. We stayed the night in Racoon Valley.
Tricky Dick
Also is Windrock the only local wheeling? Out west we usually have gobs of forest trails and public land in addition to the offroad parks.
vrtical
vrtical
@Tricky Dick yes for the most part, you cant really ride in GSMNP. Its way more open on the GA side big time and there is another huge off road park down there look up Iron Mountain Park, Dahlonega, GA its a full day trip, but like Winrock they have RV / Camping. I live on the dragon so I can definitely help.
865Bronco
865Bronco
@Tricky Dick , Royal Blue is also just up the road up I-75. It is around 45 miles or so up I-75. Royal Blue is public OHV trails. I’ve not been on those trails in a long time. I think you need anTWRA license for hunting/fishing and may need a day permit for the OHV trails.
jgmason75
jgmason75
Lots of forest roads in Cherokee National Forest (north and south of GSMNP) and on the North Carolina side in the national forest over there. Tellico Plains is also not far drive from Knoxville and there are several trails in that area.
TNcoupe
TNcoupe
Miles and miles and miles of forestry roads in the Cherokee Natl Forest including a large portion of the Trans America Trail. Pisgah Natl Forest between Newport and NC, Iron Gap in Winchester, TN, Coppinger Cove in Altamont TN etc.
irishdore
irishdore
Oh, @Tricky Dick , you can come in June, July, or August. It's all gonna be hot out here in Tennessee. ;-)

DM me about sights to see. I guess it depends on what you're into and how what you are planning in/around the state. As a life long Tennessean, I can help. Although I'm far more helpful in middle and west Tennessee than east, but I still have some knowledge of "sights" just about everywhere. I used to know something to do in all 96 counties in the state.
KnoxGnater
KnoxGnater
Chattanooga is also worth a visit if you're here that long. Nice little riverside area, great aquarium, etc if you have the family along with.
Fatdaddy
Fatdaddy
@Tricky Dick Check out Prentice Cooper State Forest in the Chattanooga area. We go there multiple times a month. May-Sept are great times to go as all trails are open and there are no hunting seasons then. Great trails and great overlooks.
Tricky Dick
The trip is getting close! I have the Windrock visit nailed down for July 8.

I'm banned from posting in the rest of the forum but somehow I can still post here. Sweet.
View previous replies…
vrtical
vrtical
@Tricky Dick I will mark my calendar. We have a big group outing on 7/22 also.
coachoates
coachoates
@vrtical where is the meetup on 7/22? I was have Haley’s Rd on the menu. But open to options if I can make the location.
vrtical
vrtical
@coachoates it's the GA bronco group. They are staying at the park all weekend. Coming in Friday. I will meet them at the
Windrock store for Saturday but I don't have exact info yet.
TNcoupe
TNcoupe
How the hell did you get banned from the rest of the forum?
Tricky Dick

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views