Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
Lowzee
Anyone ride in the MA state parks, listed here: https://www.mass.gov/off-road-vehicles/locations. I’m new to off-roading so assuming we can ride these… if not, go easy on me :) I’m considering Franklin, due to distance, how technical are these?
Show full message
Haustkraft
Haustkraft
Only one way to find out
Lowzee
Lowzee
OR, hear me out… someone else tells me…. 😲🤣🤣🤣
Haustkraft
Haustkraft
I’ll be the guinea pig !
BostonSasquatch
Think: State forests, not parks. They're less regulated. I've heard Freetown State forest in the southeast area (near Providence) has 4x4 trails, but 1) they aren't mapped out very clearly and 2) there's not much in the way of obstacles. Just pleasant dirt-road driving. Also 3) there's a lot of ATV trails which aren't open or suitable to 4x4 (us), so you might head down a trail and find you have to turn around. That's part of the offroad experience: finding out there are limits.

https://ontheworldmap.com/usa/state/massachusetts/massachusetts-state-parks-map.html
Lowzee
Lowzee
Yea, i get that, just hoping someone else has done some of it. Freetown looks promising, someone else threw me that recommendation. I’ll share if it goes well (or not)
RP80
RP80
Headed to Freetown today. It was super fun. Very mild, but awesome. There are a few side spots with obstacles that I wouldn't tough on my own. Easily can spend 2-3 hours exploring in there.
RhodeIslandRed
RhodeIslandRed
Sorry so late to this conversation. I have ridden dirtbikes a lot in Freetown. There are a lot of single-track trails. And there are a fair amount of dirt and rock roads that are maintained. It's kind of weird in there because there are ATVs, dirt bikes, horses and trucks. There are rules on who can go where. But half the people in there don't know them and if the EP show up, they usually just correct you and send you on your way. You can probably do most of the roads with a 2wd. So it's not like a fun place to wheel. But it IS a fun place. It's very cool in there and if you get up to the top of the quarry, it's a magnificent spot to have lunch.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views