Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Bushwhacker
Anybody within an hour north of the perimeter have the ability to add keyless keypad or have 2534 programming interface? I'm willing to pay a good rate just don't want to pay the dealer $380 for 20 minutes of labor.
Show full message
Rspayde
Rspayde
What dealer is quoting you $380? If I am correct you have to go through the dealer to get it programmed.
Bushwhacker
Bushwhacker
That's correct. Jim Tidwell in Kennesaw and Hardy Family in Dallas were both in the $300-$400 range. Actually just got off the phone with Pugmire Ford in Cartersville and they are going to do it for $50. That's more than reasonable for me. Scheduled an appointment for this week and they said I can wait there, should take an hour or less. This is exactly what I was looking for. Technically you don't have to have a dealer do it. There's actually a great video linked on this site that shows you how to do it step by step BUT you have to have a 2534 programming interface which are very expensive and access to FDRS software (which you can buy 3 day access for $50). I just can't justify buying the program interface.
kevin.gt
kevin.gt
@Bushwhacker please update us with your experience at pugmire. I bought from a friend at Tidwell which was a great experience, but I have had a couple oil changes done there and haven’t been impressed with their service department. I’d love to try somewhere else for some recall and warranty work
Bushwhacker
Bushwhacker
Got it done at Pugmire Ford in Cartersville today. I actually attached it myself inside the gas door. They did the programming. Bad part they charges me $120. Had it there just under an hour. Good part, I was in and out just under an hour. All in all I'm okay with it.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views