Sponsored

Chicago Area Broncos

This page is for all those of us in the Chicago area. Lots of flat country and pavement, but we will still put our Broncos to work.
Chi-town Bronco
Here's my 2023 Base (with 17-inch rims and 32-inch tires from the Big Bend trim). I live in the city (SW Side), and even with just 32-inch tires, it barely clears my garage (see pic at bottom).

My goal is to make this as off-road worthy as possible (maybe add 33-inch LT-rated tires later) while still fitting in my garage. And I'm glad my 7-speed gets decent fuel highway economy (much better than EPA rating) when driven with a steady right foot.

One of these days, I'm going to try taking it to tailgate at a Bears' game. Cargo space looks tight on the 2-door, but it can still pack a surprising amount of stuff (i.e. a 59-quart fridge and an electric smoker)!
20230807_224323.jpg
20230805_114028.jpg
Show full message
  • Love
Reactions: augidog34
Trees
Trees
Howdy! Nice bronco. You should join the Chicagoland broncos on Facebook. We have events off road and on almost weekly, just reached 1000 members and had an excellent broncopalloza a few weeks ago.
Chi-town Bronco
Chi-town Bronco
Thanks! I'll go check it out in the morning. It's always good to run into fellow Bronco owners in Chicagoland!
Broncos here are like unicorns (in a sea of Jeep Wranglers and Ford F-150s).

Where are the off-road events nearby? The closest place I found was Badlands in Indiana. Apparently, the Cliffs in Marseilles, IL turned into ATV-only.
augidog34
augidog34
The closest few places around us are Rocky Glen (Rockford), Badlands (Indiana), and Silver Lake (Michigan). If anyone else has places to throw in, please feel free to add. @Chi-town Bronco, my Bronco is similar to yours. It's a Big Bend with original Big Bend tires. It's going to spend 99% of its time on pavement, but even with these tires, they are very capable of some fun off-roading.
Trees
Trees
There is also a secret spot in lemont members of the group regularly go to. I'd wait to go with people though because about once a month someone messages the group asking to be pulled out.
augidog34
augidog34
Ohhhh, that sounds exciting. Would you guys put a post in here next time you venture in said secret location?
Trees
Trees
@augidog34 just join the Facebook group. Make a fake one if you need to. People go randomly all the time and usually post a few hours or a day before
augidog34
augidog34
My wife is on facebook. I'll just ask her to join the group for me and then let me know what she finds on it. Thanks!
Reactions: Trees
Trees
Trees
Haha I totally use the Instagram of mine instead of making one.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views