Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Shazamalingo
Hi everyone -

I see that the Ford Performance Tune is now legal in California. Does anyone know of a dealer that will install it?

Thanks!
Show full message
robo
robo
I sent an inquiry to my favorite dealership, The Ford Store in Morgan Hill. I’ll let you know when I hear back from them.
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
I reached out to Capital Ford in SJ and they said they don’t install it.

Does anyone know why dealers are hesitant to install it? It’s a Ford product and it’s approved. What am I missing?
  • Sad
Reactions: robo
robo
robo
No Idea
robo
robo
So Stephanie from The Ford Store in Morgan Hill got back to me.
She said they can do this install and she would be having a service advisor contact me with more details.
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
Really? Ok then I think I will have to go with them too. They aren’t too far away.

Thanks for the update!
Tye
Tye
Speak to Ryan Valetta at the morgan hill service department. He is great to work with. Tell him Tye with the Bronco Raptor referred you over.
Reactions: Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
@Tye What did they quote you for install? They said $530 for me...
Tye
Tye
@Shazamalingo i didnt get a quote for this as ford has not released a version for the bronco raptor yet and may not. I just have worked with Ryan on other things and he has been top notch.

You could also ask Walnut Creek Ford, they are the gold standard in service departments in the bay area that all the other service departments strive to be like. They did the replacement of my cam phasers and were top notch.

I tried seramonte and redwood city for service and would not go back to either ever again.
sm_cc_03
@Tye that's a bummer, Serramonte and Towne (RWC) are my two closest dealers, was planning to use one or both for service. do you think they are passable for basic stuff like oil changes or even that is a no go?
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
Also, pretty random question - but I read in another post that someone had the tune put in, but that the ProCal 4Tool screen was just velcro'd to his interior. Does the screen stay attached to the car?
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
Quick updates on cost: Morgan Hill = $530. Walnut Creek = $270.

I'm not sure if Morgan Hill realizes it's a software only tune, but they would not budge on price. So, Walnut Creek it is!
Reactions: robo
robo
robo
@Shazamalingo I'm still going to call them and try and talk them down. But I'm not adverse to going elsewhere if they still refuse to budge on that.
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
@robo Let me know what happens...
robo
robo
30 miles to Morgan Hill for me. 47 to Walnut Creek.
Worth the drive for me to Walnut Creek for $260 savings.
Shazamalingo
Shazamalingo
BTW - did we confirm 91 octane is good enough for the tune? Pretty impossible to get more than that around here.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views