Sponsored

Ohio Bronco Club

The group is for Ohio Bronco enthusiasts looking to meet up and discuss everything to do with the Bronco, off- roading and tuning and whatever else brings us together. Its a Bronco Family
Dave42
Hey all -
I'm a new Bronco owner (2-door hardtop Black Diamond/Sasquatch) and I'm looking to connect with people who might be doing off-road trips and/or just meeting to talk Bronco stuff (recommended add-ons, tips, cool merchandise, etc). I live in the Dayton Wright-Patt AFB area, but if you guys get together to meet in person, I could drive for a meet/gathering.
So far, I've only been doing relatively trivial customization (e.g. Molle panels on the interior to stow gear) - I've only had it a few weeks.
I'm super-interested in meeting some folks for off-road trips, or recommendations for off-road destinations. I'm going to restrict myself to relatively mild trails for a while until I get an intuitive sense of where the vehicles' corners are, and where its tires touch the trail (don't want to damage a new vehicle from simple unfamiliarity). I've got some experience off-roading, but haven't done it in a while (3/4 ton full-size pickups are ungainly at best on trails).
Other random questions you guys might be able to help with...
- has anyone been able to find a Bimini (aka "Bikini") top for rain protection with top-off? Running w/out the front half of the roof is cool, but I'd really like to put a hoist on the garage ceiling to remove the back half of the hardtop. But to do that, I want some rain protection for the dash/center-console against pop-up T-storms, and inaccurate weather forecasts (you know the weather here: "If you don't like it, wait half and hour").
- I originally wanted a Badlands for the push-button sway-bar disconnect. I got impatient and bought a vehicle the dealer had in stock (hence the Black Diamond instead of Badlands). Any advice/info on disconnecting Bronco sway-bars before heading out on the trail? I go off-roading as the guide with a Jeep-buddy, and I'm hoping manual sway bar disconnect is as simple on a Bronco as it is on a Jeep, but I'm worried, since Bronco is independent suspension.
- Any other tips, tricks, advice...
Show full message
BHearn9
Hey Dave! I’m in Springboro…just took delivery a week ago today. I’m in the same position. A few cosmetic after market add-ons. Just got my garage hoist done a couple nights ago. Still working out some bugs as far as the connection points go. I know there’s an off road park in IN about an hour from Dayton. Otherwise, looking for some trails!
Dave42
Dave42
@BHearn9 are you talking about Badlands, N, of Indy? Hoping to find a place a little closer to home; probably need to widen my search parameters to KY. I got busy and really slacked off following this group, but hopefully will have more time to stay in touch and hear about any events / gatherings.
Dave42
Dave42
@BHearn9 Hoist for the hardtop roof is way up on my list of things to do before warm weather next year. I'm debating whether to buy one or engineer it myself... Also, I'm really hoping to find a Bimini-style ragtop to mostly protect the inside if there's pop-up T-storms while I'm inside at work.
BHearn9
@Dave42 no, I got to go do a "Drive the Bronco" event back in April 2022 at Haspin Acres, 21208 Laurel Road,
Laurel, IN 47024. Not too bad a drive from Dayton. Didn't seem like a huge place, but I didn't get a great deal of time in the Bronco at the event, and we were going in groups. It was kind of like a VERY mini Off-Roadeo.
Reactions: BigMex
Hoss360
Hoss360
I took delivery of my 2 door Wildtrak back in December of 21... haven't done any offroading, but take mine to quite a few car shows and cruise-ins in the area. I'm in the Fairborn area.
BigMex
BigMex
I've had my Badlands since October 2021, and although I'm in Columbus, I get to Centerville often to visit family.

Y'all please keep me in the loop for anything you organize in or around the area (Montgomery, Greene, Warren, Butler counties.)

First weekend of the month, Southington Off-Road Park has an open weekend for vehicles like our Broncos. It is up past Akron, but I haven't yet found a similar park in southwest Ohio. https://southingtonoffroad.com/

As far as chonk (accessories) are concerned, I've really been happy with AR (Archetype Racing), IAG, and StickerFab. I had mine wrapped by Level3 Auto Works in Covington KY (859-307-8622) - I did a clear matte Stealth PPF... two years in and it still looks great.

Sorry I can't help with other questions (I have a Sta-Bar disconnect and a softtop). Hope to see you out there! Enjoy!
BOPOH
BOPOH
Hey Dave, I go offroad almost every weekend, reach out to me on Instagram if you want to go @offroadsome. I rarely visot the forum but always glad to meet up. Recently we had blue oval guild first ride. There is also a page on Facebook

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views