Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
MadMan4BamaNATL
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Been a while since we’ve all gone out, so would be great to get in a winter run on trails that say open. The wife and I are heading out for a couple days on a getaway in the Mountains of NC, but if anyone is down to roll on Saturday, let me know? Want to try Old Bucktown Raod, or anywhere.

Some buddies and I wheeled and camped 2 weekends ago over in Rocky Bottom, SC. Was my first go over there and loved it. Very nice views and campsites; putting in a pic below. Got in a nice hike with a waterfall too. That area should be awesome in Spring.
Show full message

Attachments

Rspayde
Rspayde
I know some people are trying to set up a new years day trail run on the segen6 Facebook page.

SC is nice except in the summer way to much stale hot air for my liking.

I'm in Europe for a few weeks but will be looking to set something up once we are back stateside.
KPLOBX
KPLOBX
I’m going to River Rock on Dec 31 if anybody wants to join
MyATV
MyATV
I might could be interested in this on Saturday if there are any others. Anyone?
cashe3
cashe3
Sitting home with aches and chills today. Interested, but will likely not be able to run Saturday.
Aonarch
Aonarch
@cashe3 same here. Got sick Dec 26th. Feel better!
Rspayde
Rspayde
@cashe3 I caught something last week that had me fully wrecked. Was really bad the first day then settled down.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
So, update gents! Think I’m out for tomorrow. Just back from the mountains of NC and did some of what I thought would be light wheeling alone with just me and the wife and man, that was an experience….. Was almost a wheeling disaster. I scoped what I thought was going to be an easy trail in Sapphire NC at Gorges State Park. Trail is Chestnut Mountain Road. It hooks up with a tougher trail called Auger Hole Road which straddles the state park with Federal land. Chestnut was decent; has a big climb, but fairly easy to do alone. Problem was, wasn’t clear signage to mark where that trail ended and the tougher one started. Well, I took the hard right at the split to the harder one. It was awesome, but…. Picked up my wife from her spa day at around 1:00. We had dinner reservations at 6:45. Takes 40 mins to get to the trail and again back, so I figure maybe 3 hrs of wheeling. Boy was I wrong. The first trail is only 3.2 miles. Auger is 9.5, but the end of it isn’t to a paved road. There was an awesome river in the middle and a cool guy and his family in their Wrangler were behind us until the river where the only campsite is (pee). I’m only driving 3 to 5 mph because it was wet and muddy with trees down everywhere, so I picked up some new pinstripes. Took some cool pics and vids at the river with the Jeep guy and his family and it’s around 3:30 at this point. Crossing the river is the start of the federal land and things get knarly quickly. Didn’t want to go back the way I came, so I adventured into the harder part. Will try to buff and polish out the striping with my orbital since it didn’t blow through the clear coat. Had my offline maps, food, water, more layers, tools, etc, but not my full pack out. End of Auger is just a forest service road in SC just across the border. So I drive and drive all around this big lake and finally pop out at a Duke Energy site and civilization! Aired back up; it’s dark by now and we made it to dinner only 20 mins late. Crazy day, scared my wife a good bit and tested myself and the Bronco; it was awesome! Felt so alive, but I’m tired as all heck. Pics are next.

Attachments

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views