Sponsored

ARIZONA Bronco Club

Arizona club designed to hold possible outings and get togethers in various places around AZ. BBQ's, Saturday group meets, coffee and cars morning, drag racing...jk but maybe?
MannyG20
Group- I am coming to the Tucson area in April and was seeking some recommendations on trails in the area. I am not looking for extreme rock crawling but will take any and all recommendations outside of that.
thanks and I can’t wait to see some beautiful Arizona scenery.
Show full message
RBF 1401
RBF 1401
You can do a loop around the Silverbell Mine through the Ironwood Forest National Monument. Or Redington Pass Road. Both easy.

Redington Pass goes up in elevation giving you some gorgeous views and is more just a wide dirt road than a trail.

The main roads in the Ironwood Forest are well-groomed, but the one around the south side of Silverbell Mine is less groomed and goes up and down some washes.

The back way to Mount Lemmon is closed for the winter, but MIGHT be open by the time you come here. It is an all-day trip where you start in the town of Oracle, just north of Tuscon, and drive the old dirt road up the back side of the over 9000 ft. mountain. And then drive the pavement road down into the city of Tucson which is about 2300 ft elevation. It is a favorite and gets you a wide range of scenery as you change from desert to Forest and end up with some spectacular views. Plus, you can explore Peppersauce caves on the way up.
MannyG20
MannyG20
Thank you for the suggestions. Hopefully Mt. Lemmon will he open.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views