Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Joining to get on some trail rides.
Show full message
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Depending on weather, I may try to round up a few of us for a light trail day in the GA Mountains this Sat or Sun if you’re interested. Nothing wild, just some much needed fresh air. Maybe after, we can stop for a bite in Dahlonega or something like that. The trail network in the Chat Nat Forest perhaps. We can go light, or add a mid level if you’re feeling froggy like Old Bucktown Rd. Want to get a couple rides in before March Madness and the bugs come out.
Reactions: cashe3 and MyATV
MyATV
MyATV
@MadMan4BamaNATL I'd be up for that, except I've got commitments both Sat & Sun nights. So it'd have to be sort of an early-out, early-in scenario. Otherwise, maybe some other weekend. Last ride for me was Jan 1 with the SEGEN6 folks. And that was a L A R G E group. LMAO.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@MyATV I’m down for an 8:00 roll out, if we skip the beer after, back by 4 at the latest. I’ll bring my fridge or cooler and can throw in a sandwich or something for whoever is down to roll. Room for Gatorade or whatever as well. Should be clear and maybe in the 50’s in the mountains, so a nice early season taste of the fun to come.
Reactions: MyATV
Rspayde
Rspayde
@MadMan4BamaNATL I'll be missing this one. Have to power through the remaining fixes at the house this weekend. Looking like replacing the back door, and painting a god awful amount of trim for me.

Hope to make it out the weekend of 3/2.
cashe3
cashe3
My weekends are full until mid-march, but I am still checking this channel on the regular
BrowniesBD
BrowniesBD
following this thread... as long as a stock BD with no sasquatch can roll, I will be watching to join.
BDEG Kyle
It would be my first time out in my 24 BD. I am staying in blue ridge this week with the family.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Hey guys. Weather looks to be clear and cool on tomorrow and should be a good day for what’s likely a first ride of the season/year? Think it’s a good idea to hit up our old faithful trail network that starts at Forest Service Road 28-1, just a bit west of Dawsonville off of Georgia 400 if coming from the Atlanta metro. These are very easy trails that even passenger cars traverse regularly, but they’re fun and offer nice views as we’ll climb above 3000 ft. It gets cool, but doesn’t look to be too cold. For the most part, no need to even air down if this will be your first unless for comfort. Our average speed is likely to be around 15mph or so (why rush?) So for those who’d like to come out, we’ll plan to meet at Nimblewill Baptist Church (trust, its fine). How are thoughts on 9:00am tomorrow? This means I’ll leave Atlanta at around 7:30am. We should be done rolling between noon and 2pm.

Address to Nimblewill Baptist Church 2-84 Nimblewill Gap Rd Dahlonega, GA 30533
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Your Bronco Trail App is free and has a good log of trails and a great source for ideas and destinations, not so much for using during a ride, but it’s pretty cool.

If new to this, Welcome! It’ll be fun and becomes addictive. Bring water, note that cell coverage will be very spotty. If you have any sort of FRS or GMRS walkie talkie, etc, good idea to bring. I always carry a trauma kit, bring tools, recovery gear, tire repair kit, etc. Everyone eventually needs these, but just fine to build up to them and budget. No one’s getting left behind up there and we are going nowhere that will damage the Bronco; just pay attention to where your wheels are and it’ll be fine. These are gravel roads with some rocks and branches here and there, but nothing gnarly at all.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views