Sponsored

Tampa Bay Area Bronco Club

Bronco fan club to support each other with info as it comes out.
BroncoFrogs
Have a 2023 Wildtrak..... no winch on the front. Never been to Croom, would it be safe to say I can do that area without a winch? Aka- Stock vehicle?
Show full message
Anvilair1973
Anvilair1973
I have not been yet but I know several people that have run their unmodified Jeeps and Tacos there with no issue what so ever.
voxel
voxel
You should be fine. It's mud/water after rain that gets folks stuck. Also many trails in Florida are very narrow and will "pin-stripe" your Bronco. I'm not kidding... it's scraaaaatch city in places like Ocala outside of the wide main roads.
voxel
voxel
Florida Trail Stompers have a night time trail ride there - this Friday

WHERE: Croom WMA

WHEN: April 19th, 2024 @7pm - 10pm

SCHEDULE: At 7:00pm meet at Smith Prairie Trailhead Parking. This is NOT the old meetup spot. This is on Croom Road at Trail 7.

The coordinates for the area is: (28.5938141, -82.2684745)

At 7:15 the Pre-Ride Briefing will begin with the group or groups rolling out at 7:30. Please be on time. We will separate into small groups if the attendance is high.
vbrad26
vbrad26
I've done Croom a couple of times with a stock OBX Sasquatch and no winch. Just be smart about the mud holes - thats the only thing that will get you stuck there.
Definitely don't hit any that have an algae looking substance floating on them!
Pretty much everything has a bypass if you're unsure. Still plenty fun even if you avoid everything.
I was there in January and there is a section around the middle of Trail 7 that is pretty rutted out and interesting.
SwampCactus
SwampCactus
You'll be fine. I've been there a few times and ran the entire Florida Adventure Trail. Just avoid the super deep water / mud holes.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views