Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Trustable
So emailed the sales guy at my dealer (Jack Demmer) last night and got a response back this past morning, I asked him if they are still accepting A Plan and how orders are going to work. Essentially with A Plan, he said they do not control it but ford does, and the dealer assumes that AXZ and D plans will be good with ford. I thought this was a little strange, as before in a previous email he said that he thinks that Ford will change their stance on z plan, and that if they don't, you will not pay the sticker price at the dealer, it will be discounted. Based on how many ford dealerships and ford employees and families are in SE michigan, I doubt they wouldn't accept A plan at the least though. In response to my other question, he said that ford has not provided them with th order guide yet, here's a direct quote:
"Ford has not provided us with the order guide yet.
What we think will happen is when your order comes, Ford will reach out to
you for the exact Bronco you want built. At that time we will have a order
guide and can assist you as you confirm your order with Ford."
It seems as if Ford themselves are not even sure of it all at this point... He even acknowledged that ford is taking longer than we hoped on this, and that he appreciates my patience. Just wanted to give you guys an update (at least at my dealership, the one right across from the MAP) and was wondering your experiences were like so far.
Show full message
Reactions: Mattwings
Mattwings
Mattwings
I think the dealers have been left in the dark a bit for sure. I actually moved my order yesterday to a dealer by my cabin and talked to Ford marketing for about 20 minutes. They are working to get the order banks open “this month” and your guy was right, they can’t get the A plan price until it is populated in the system. I believe Ford has stated publicly that there will be A/Z plan pricing (no x, which isn’t unusual for a new, very popular model), so should be good to go. If they don’t offer Z plan, I will go to plan B and pick up a new Ranger.
Reactions: Philly
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I talked to 2 dealers, 1 that has my reservation and another local one I may switch too, they say the same thing that you got, orders will be opening soon, but no pricing available, so they can't commit to a price. My current dealer I am pretty sure is going to try to screw me on price...he talked about how reservations are sold out, their not, and how "popular" this vehicle is...gave me bad vibes
Mattwings
Mattwings
I wasn’t getting bad vibes from my local dealer, but I did get good vibes from the dealer in Tawas. Interesting enough, the guys there new quite a bit about the Bronco, showed me the color book that my dealer here claims isn’t out, walked me out to show me AMB and Carbonized Gray on two vehicles that had just been delivered. That was all when I was hanging around waiting for them to deliver my sons Ranger. After all that I asked about switching. They weren’t sure if I could or if it would delay anything. They actually followed up with Ford and subsequent to that, gave me the number to call and switch with no pressure. After I switched, the internet sales manager texted me (within minutes) Inlet her know who my salesman was and he emailed me and thanked me with the hour. Remains to be seen how the rest goes, but so far, I think a lot of the dealer and the service. They only have 15 orders and they seem more on the ball than many of their peers ? (my local sales guy was fine btw, just had no relationship with him).
Reactions: Ksm
Ksm
@Mattwings
Dean Arbor in Tawas is great. We have family in the area who only go through them. My mom actually got a call from her regular sales guy who knew she was looking for a Minivan and since Ford doesn’t make anything he was giving her all the alternatives. Someone had traded it in and she got to see it basically by the time the ink had dried on the trade in. Great store.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
Great to hear, hope it works out. What where your thoughts on AMB?
Mattwings
Mattwings
@McCracken awesome color, too dark for me to want to take off road.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Mattwings Bummer to hear, I was hoping pictures just showed it darker and more of that awesome blue color shows in person. Velocity Blue might move up to the #1 spot...
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
It’s nice getting that good vibe and having your salesman knowledgeable on something we’re so passionate about. Between the discount, the knowledge and being so passionate about the bronco, I couldn’t pass up the granger deal. Yea it’s 8 hours from home, but seeing a dealer so hellbent on taking themselves to the next level while being so knowledgeable and forthcoming to the customer base, that sold it for me.
Reactions: Ksm and Mattwings
View previous replies…
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Ksm it opens you up to a whole new area of activities too. Once you get it and want to get dirty, let me know and we’ll all hook up.
Reactions: Ksm
Ksm
@Gr8Hortoni sounds great! We have a Grand Cherokee and one time we went on an unpaved trail by the Au Sable river to go camping and that's about as much 'offroading' as my wife is willing to put up with :D
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@Ksm Man, you guys don’t know what you’re missing.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I am going to wait until the ordering is officially open, talk to my local guy and get a final price, and shop it around to a few dealers that I am familiar with. If more people do this, dealers may realize that they shouldn't be trying to screw people over and work harder to get sales. Maybe the threat of me walking away to another dealer will pressure them to give me their best deal...man I hate working with dealers...they need to go away and just buy right from Ford.
Reactions: Mattwings
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@McCracken good luck. I’ve found most dealers around here don’t think that way anymore. If they can make more per unit, they’re going to do it until it’s been sitting on the lot for 6 months. A lot of these guys feel like the Broncos are basically selling themselves and they are just the cash register for the transaction. My local guys gave me this exact vibe. That’s what stuck out about granger, totally different feel. More power to you if you find something different. Sounds like @Mattwings lucked out.

Have you checked with Manistee Ford? Seems like the small town guys may be the way to go. Makes me wish Kent City Ford hadn’t been bought out.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Gr8Hortoni Manistee Ford is on my list to call once I have some firm pricing. I am with Fox Ford(Cadillac) now, but my call to Babb Ford in Reed City was good, he was super excited and good to talk to, took my number and said as soon as he gets details he was going to call.
Granger is still in my back pocket, and will use their deal to push dealers up here first...
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@McCracken it’s been years since my family did anything with manistee, but they were great before, and they are like Kent Ciry was, focused on trucks, knowing the product and giving that customer first small town feel. Fox is a giant corporation (De Vos owned) and to me felt like going to Walmart, no personal connection or pride, just herding everything and everyone through. Like the Betten Baler dealerships are.
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
I was told something very similar by Varsity Ford in AA. AXZ plans would be accepted which surprised me as I had heard initially that X plan would NOT be accepted per Ford. Still, I am assuming dealers will give the pricing as I would be willing to be that the number of non-reservation Bronco allocated will be based on the number of reservations a dealer has.
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
As a follow-up, communication from Varsity Ford in AA has been fairly nonexistent even when I email. That being said, I will probably contact a few places and if I have to go to West Virginia to get a good deal, it is only a five hour drive or so.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I was OK with Holzer, I moved my reservation to a dealer closer to my cabin, hopefully I will be there by the time my Bronco comes in. They have been great to work with and knew more about the Bronco than most, only having 15 reservations :)
Mattwings
Mattwings
I am Z plan, so it's not an issue for me. I am sure you could ask them. If you figure transportation to the dealer and mileage back home, they may be competitive? I dealt with the Sales Manager, they seem pretty straightforward, but Z plan gets rid of much of the nonsense of a retail sale. Our salesman was Charlie Smith (he is an old timer, super nice guy) and the Manager is Sharon Muckenthathaler, [email protected] (989) 362-3489. DM me and I will give you my name, if it helps you at all.
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
I have been asking a couple of dealers but Varsity hasn't been responsive and the other dealers I have spoken with have stated MSRP is it and a $500 deposit at time of order so . . . . . .
Mattwings
Mattwings
You can reach out to Derick at Holzer too, I know at least one other forum member who is working with him. He is very responsive, again, unsure on price. In my mind, if they do invoice and get $500 commitment, at worst they get a Bronco to sell (unless they have a bad conversion rate).

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views