Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Just logged into Ford and found that Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor had converted my reservation into an order. This was never agreed to, nor discussed.
giphy8.gif

Can anybody recommend a dealer in SE Michigan that isn't engaging in shenanigans.
Show full message
CDN Jen
CDN Jen
Bummer. This happened to me at Tom Holzer.
Mattwings
Mattwings
@CDN Jen Did you ever find out why? It seems like a bad idea, because if that order doesn't convert it counts agains future allocation. it's happening so often, it has to be a training or communication issue, I would think.
CDN Jen
CDN Jen
@Mattwings Not yet. Still trying. My guy was out the day the order was converted and he said he wasn't aware it happened when I asked. He said he'd let me know. I was supposed to place my order tomorrow, but I'm holding off for a bit. At the very least, I want to order on a weekday so I can watch them enter MY build into the system and know they changed the trim BL (from OB). If I do it on a Saturday, I have to wait for them to enter it on Monday and then take their word for it that it was the right build.
Mattwings
Mattwings
@CDN Jen Before my last guy passed away at Holzer, he was awesome. I would have had zero concern. I think they are fine there, I was told over 80% of their sales are A/Z plan, but I just don't get what advantage there is in placing the order. I bet they have 150 or more orders not getting a spot right now, anything they don't covert=less in the future.
Bimmerxi
Bimmerxi
Did you guys see the post about this? Several are doing this to lock you in. Call Ford to get your reservation number back
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
Ford Marketing just called me and has given me the option to revert back to a reservation. I am going to do a face to face with the dealership first but may use that option. I will try to get a lower price yet for them to keep the reservation. I would move in a heartbeat if I knew another local dealer would match Granger pricing.
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
My most recent e-mail to Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor

Matt,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I will try to get back to you today with the order information.

My dilemma however at the moment is trying to work through a trust issue. The Reservations were not supposed to be converted in any manner without the reservation holders input (this via Ford Marketing).

I left a previous GM dealership because of trust issues and I admit I am struggling with this at the moment.

The deal I have elsewhere is Invoice Pricing minus $1,000 and an additional $300 because I would be x-plan eligible and you have graciously agreed to match that deal.

Ford Marketing however has given me the option to turn my order back into a reservation if I so choose. At this point in time, I have told them that I want to talk to you and give this a bit of thought.

As I have also mentioned a few times with my October 19 reservation date and the fact that I am going to order the 2.7L engine I am fully expecting my Bronco to be a 2022 model year which again, works best from my financial standpoint and is the main reason I delayed my reservation as long as I did. With that said, I don't want to agree today on a pricing deal for a MY2021 Bronco and then have that not honored when I come back in later this year to order the MY2022.

Obviously there will need to be a few things in writing if I am going to order through Varsity at this point and I will be honest, additional price concessions would not hurt.

I will be back to you later today (I am currently at work and I have to do a few things with my kids tonight).

Best regards,

Tim Arrick
jdogi
I've sent an email to my guy. I did my best to explain how this had tilted the table in favor of the dealer (them) given that I have no guarantee of AXZ plan and nothing binding in writing. I suspect that a large majority of their customers do qualify for AXZ plan given their location, not far outside of Detroit. That, combined with the newness of this whole reservation system, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for the moment. But I have scolded them severely for doing this without talking to me. And for me, it's a trust issue. I'm struggling with my principles to determine whether I can do business with them. I'm coming around to the likelihood that it was just stupidity and not malfeasance. I'd like to get a response from them that has no BS. I will accept an honest mistake with an apology. I do not like it being dismissed by them as "no big deal... everybody's doing it."
Mattwings
Mattwings
I am feeling better about moving my reservation all the time. Sorry it has sucked for so many. I keep wondering when the other shoe will drop and something will go wrong, but so far I have had a super good experience.
Mattwings
Mattwings
Roger that. I don’t know what it is about the Bronco that has me so fired up, but I have never cared as much about a vehicle. I spent more on my boat and spent 1/100th of the time thinking about it.
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
So glad I ditched Varsity. Hope you're able to resolve this successfully. Wish I had fairth that your salesperson will actually read, let alone care, about your email.
ArrickSports
ArrickSports
@etmccaus86 I actually worked through the General Manager and it appears that all is moving forward. Order should be uploaded today.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views