Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
mikeheel
University Ford in Durham texted this morning to tell me they have a full-size Bronco in stock and available for test drives. I believe they will require a test drive reservation, but I'm not 100% sure. They also left me a voicemail, but neither the text nor the VM indicated the trim level or number of doors. I'll post later if I find out unless someone beats me to it.
Show full message
imnewtothis
imnewtothis
I believe it’s a Badlands, orange, 2.3, auto, lux, non SAS
mikeheel
mikeheel
They just confirmed to me that it is a 2.3, auto Badlands. I didn't get the color. You NOT need an appointment to do a test drive, although they prefer that you schedule it. They are open Monday - Saturday and do allow test drives on Saturday.
Dads_bronze_bronco
Dads_bronze_bronco
Assuming four doors like the Capital and Crossroads ones. Can anyone confirm.
mikeheel
mikeheel
I haven't been able to go by yet b/c I've been out of town, but their text and VM to me just said "full sized" and didn't say whether it has 2 or 4 doors. I did ask via text but the response only confirmed the other features. LOL
Dads_bronze_bronco
Dads_bronze_bronco
Dealers … 🙄
Holliday
Holliday
Did anyone drive this one yet? Any confirmed details and thought on the experience - how long they let you drive, etc?
mikeheel
mikeheel
Didn't drive it yet, but it's a 4-door. I stopped by today to check it out. It is CO. Not Sasquatch, but has the upgraded 33" wheels.

Attachments

mikeheel
mikeheel
I had a chance to test drive this Bronco today: It is a CO Badlands with the lux package and power leather seats. It has the 2.3, auto, soft top, and upgraded 33" wheels. They let you take it out for 15 minutes without a salesman. They will also sell it to you right now for 10k over MSRP but they said they'd have to hold it on the lot for 6 months to avoid getting in trouble with Ford. They would not let anyone drive it during that period other than the buyer.

For fun, afterwards, I went a mile down the street to Sport Durst Jeep and drove a 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon they had just taken off the delivery truck.

The Bronco wins on interior room and tech inside the cabin. It also has significantly more composed steering. The ride was really smooth and controlled no matter the bumps in the road. I purposely sought out potholes.

I got it up to 80mph. At anything over 70, there is a lot of wind noise from the roof, but you can still easily talk with a front seat passenger.

The B&O system was dramatically better than the system with the high package, like the one I previously test drove in Apex.

The Wrangler wins on front styling (although I like the Bronco more from the side and rear) and having a hybrid option. The ride was a lot more compliant than I remember although it did get really skittish over bumps.

I didn't go off-road, but they both are good for that.

At the end of the day, I realized I'd be perfectly happy with either. Athough I do prefer the Bronco overall, I wish it had a hybrid at this point.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views