Sponsored

Born Wild & Wonderful Bronco Club (WV)

The Born Wild and Wonderful Bronco Club is dedicated to Bronco owners and enthusiasts in the great state of West Virginia. Whether you live here, from here or just want to visit without your top on, this is the club for you.
Crowza
Let's talk about dealers in West Virginia. Has anyone communicated any specific details to any dealers in the state? It appears as though Todd Judy Ford is going to honor the X-Plan. Anyone else have any details?
Show full message
maximus3686
  • Love
Reactions: Crowza
Crowza
Crowza
I just found that thread, since Stephens Auto Center is seriously trying to match what Granger is offering, I'm ready to switch my reservation! I can't wait to see what they offer. @StephensAutoCenter
StephensAutoCenter
StephensAutoCenter
Greetings folks. Yes, we're working on "The Plan" and it should be getting finalized today and released tomorrow. We should be at or near what Granger is doing. I'll let you know as soon as the boss sends it my way.
BostonSasquatch
I'll be passing through West Virginia around August 5,6,7 (or so) on a bucket list with my brother. He's kind of squeamish about technical back roads, but I'd like to show him some Appalachian scenery and some authentic backcountry. Can any of you recommend some roads (with locations, please) for a day or two? We're also into raw camping (i.e., other than state parks or commercial campgrounds), so routes where we could pull off for the night would also be great. I drive a Badlands/High/Sasquatch with winch and recovery gear, and am comfortable with medium to almost-difficult.
Oh--The Hatfield-McCoy trails require helmets, so that's out for us.
Thanks!
Reactions: Crowza
Crowza
Crowza
Where are you coming from?
BostonSasquatch
Boston. We'll do a couple of days at Gettysburg, then head to Appalachia. I'd love to get recommendations for scenic, historical, or otherwise interesting roads and trails that are easy to intermediate--but I can handle some obstacles, just that my brother doesn't want 3 mph rockcrawling. And I must admit--working a trail is more fun than just watching it done. Thanks for answering!
Crowza
Crowza
Since you are coming from the North and Gettysburg, I would hit Antietam Creek National Battlefield, and enter West Virginia by visiting Harper's Ferry. From there, I would go to Senaca Rock, there are a lot of trails around the area. You may need to get some local guidance. From Senaca Rock, it is a short trip to the Green Bank Telescope. Then head to the Greenbrier, depending on how you plan to exit the state. You could go to Beckley-Charleston and make your way North through the other side of the state.

What is your end destination? Are you just make it round trip? Are you trying to make it to Stephens?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bank_Telescope
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_Rocks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greenbrier
BostonSasquatch
Thanks! We'll be coming down from Gettysburg, probably along the Skyline Drive, and are open to ideas as we move from Virginia into West Virginia. After that, we'll be heading west towards St. Louis and then UTAH! Moab, Arches, and the west Utah/Nevada backcountry, maybe up to Bonneville and Box Elder County.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views