Sponsored

The PNW Bronco Group

Group for Bronco owners (past, present & future) in the Pacific Northwest
BroncoPVC
20210901_201350_2.jpg

Is anyone interested in heading out this Saturday with me? We could do a little meet up before. I'm interested in getting up to the snow or just running around on some logging roads. I'm pretty new to the area so I'm open to suggestions. Anyway, if you're interested or have suggestions let me know.
Show full message
72BroncoSand
72BroncoSand
I’d be down for that. It should be quite the adventure with the amount of snowfall expected. Maybe we should check out forest service roads just past Greenwater off hwy410. Definitely a not go solo type of weather.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
@72BroncoSand lets go! Its definitely not a solo type of weekend. I've had my eye on that area for a while. There's a ton of trails over there listed on, on X offroad. Just tell me the time and place to meet you and I'll be there.
Screenshot_20211214-210010_onX Offroad.jpg
72BroncoSand
72BroncoSand
Sounds good! I’m thinking meet up at Enumclaw Safeway parking lot around 9:30am. Chance to grab some Starbucks or McDonalds grub. My wife we probably be riding shotgun.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
Its a plan then. I invited my wife too but its really not her thing. Enumclaw is a little over an hour from me but I'll be there as close to 9:30 as possible. I'll message you my contact info.
ezapar
ezapar
I'll try to make this as well. I've been going up to the Greenwater area to play in the snow for 20 years or so. I love it up there.
IMG_6036.jpeg
Tippster
Tippster
I am in on this if its a go on Saturday. Please let us know where starting point is - and if 9:30 works.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
We're for sure going. It sounds like it's at least four of us right now. The plan is Enumclaw Safeway at 9:30 but if it's okay with you guys I'd like to make it 10am. I have a couple quick things to take care of Saturday morning before I head out. If 9:30 is best for everyone else, I'll just meet everyone out there.
robepa
robepa
I would like to come out but I have to run it by the boss ;) Also I would be in my Taco as I am still waiting on my Bronco
72BroncoSand
72BroncoSand
10am sounds good!
ezapar
ezapar
10 sounds good as long as we're all on the same page. ;)
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
Same page. 10am. Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to it.
Reactions: ezapar
ezapar
ezapar
So. What's the plan? Are we aiming for a spot where we can hang out, eat something, maybe have a fire, and enjoy a view for a while? Are we just going to drive around and stop sometimes? FRS radios? Does everybody have recovery gear? ie: a shovel, traction mats, tow straps?
Tippster
Tippster
I am good for 10 at Safeway - I have recovery gear - no Winch (on backorder). I am not familiar with the area, so am relying on OP to be the guide - I can do any of the above in terms of fire, food etc.. will be up there with the pooch who is also into adventure.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
I have a shovel and straps but no traction boards. I don't have any radios yet. I've only been up on the logging roads a few times. I normally just drive around and check stuff out.

@ezapar says he knows the area pretty well. I don't think I would rely on me to be the guide. Between all of us and on x offroad maps I think we'll be fine.

I'd be game for lunch but I'll probably have to be headed back around 3ish to keep plans with my wife.
robepa
robepa
I have a winch, tow straps, shovels, etc. but no recovery boards. I have a propane firepit I can bring as well. I have been snow wheeling in a few places around there. I have not done lonesome lake in the snow but when I ran it in the summer it looked like a good snow wheeling road. I have done FS-7305 and FS-7015 in the snow. Gaia shows 20-40" in those areas so plenty of snow to go around!
ezapar
ezapar
Sweet. A winch is really a game changer. This will be my first year not having my Rubicon in 10 years. The Big Bend I have can't get beat up, it will get traded in when my Badlands gets built.
IMG_9214.jpeg
Reactions: robepa
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
I picked up a couple frs radios today. If anyone has any, it might be a good idea.

I'll see y'all at 10am tomorrow!
ezapar
ezapar
I have a few. They are all set on channel 5. I'll have a pop up in the back in case we want to stop and hang out. The forecast calls for rain and snow all day. Who can say though?
ezapar
ezapar
I should be there a few within a few minutes of 10. See you all soon.
BroncoPVC
BroncoPVC
ETA 10:04
robepa
robepa
I'm here, parked west of the gas station. O6 blue Tacoma with armor
brianpgreen
brianpgreen
How’d it go?
72BroncoSand
72BroncoSand
It was fun! We got to practice some recovery too! haha. Thanks to everyone!
143959D2-A3C6-427E-814A-06B1272484F2.jpeg
37038EF3-C6C6-4B69-AD1F-1C1106560BC6.jpeg
ezapar
ezapar
Yeah. Thanks for the company, the hot dog and a couple of tugs. Good times.
IMG_9760.jpeg
IMG_9767.jpeg
IMG_9770.jpeg
IMG_9777.jpeg
NeoS281
NeoS281
Looks like a good time! I'll have to tag along next time :)
brianpgreen
brianpgreen
Looks like fun. Sorry I missed it.
robepa
robepa
yeah, great times! Being so warm and raining the snow had really poor grip and I have never seen so many rigs on a snow wheeling trail. Defiantly more than made up for by the company!
20211218_120250.jpg
20211218_112252.jpg
20211218_112256.jpg
72BroncoSand
72BroncoSand
FYI, @Administrator is asking to share pics of this group drive to the news feed.
BroncoPVC

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views