Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
Holliday
Has anyone been to Uwharrie with their Bronco?
I need to do something for mud flaps to stop small rock chips but want to ride out there from the Triangle soon.
Show full message
Copperhorse73
Copperhorse73
It closed dec 15, reopens April 1
RubyRedGT
RubyRedGT
Didn’t make it. I’m thinking next summer probably. I’m in the triangle but it’s been years since I’ve been out there. Hopefully there are still some easier or moderate trails.
atimberwolf
Sorry, new to NC. Why does it close?
RubyRedGT
RubyRedGT
Has for as long as I can remember (15-20 years). Not uncommon for OHV trails to close in winter. Something about being more susceptible to damage, erosion, runoff in the wet winter when ground doesn’t drain and dry out easily.
atimberwolf
Huh. Ok. Thanks Ruby
Holliday
Holliday
Is there anywhere else around the Triangle to get off pavement with some scenery besides heading to the coast or mountains?
RubyRedGT
RubyRedGT
Not that I know of outside of someone’s private land. Uwharrie is best place in central NC
Coach.major
I'm not far from Uwharrie but I have never been. Any trails for beginners that you can go enjoy some scenery without tearing your shit up? I have to get it paid for before I can afford to fix stuff.
Ilmguy1234
There is a lady in the facebook group for URE that has been tearing it up there with her new rig. I actually think she messed up her bronco there. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Coach.major
@Ilmguy1234 I saw that video, she was hitting mud holes running like 40mph lol! I am trying to do the opposite of that without getting made fun of for not giving it hell. Would like to keep it looking new for a while at least.
MWILD
MWILD
I’ve been there twice with my Jeep. There are plenty of easy to moderate trails. Wolfs den and Rocky Mountain loop are pretty easy. Keep in mind, you’ll probably scrap some, but it depends on your model of Bronco and how you approach the obstacles. Dickey Bell and the front side of Daniel are the hardest trails at Uwharrie. Keep in mind, a stock Bronco sport can do all of the trails there so I wouldn’t stress to much. There’s normally enough people out there to help out if you do get stuck.

Also, it’s closed now but if you want to head down in April when it opens hit me up. I should have my Bronco by then and I’ll head out with you. Probably get some other folks to head down as well.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views