Sponsored

Outer Banks Beach Club

Talking about the real OBX! Not the trim level. Forum for people planning to bring their Broncos to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, preferably the 4x4 section of course! Use this forum to organize meetups and meet fellow OBXers and their Broncos!
What options everyone getting with there outer banks? Is the Sasquatch package a must have for the beach?
Show full message
BroncoKong Jr.
BroncoKong Jr.
Sasquatch is definitely not a must-have for beach driving. Having said that, I'll most likely Squatch my Badlands. :D
BroncOBX
BroncOBX
Planning on buying a 2-door Black Diamond for my "Surf Bronco" so washout interior is the must for me, not the Squatch. Don't consider that intended for beach/sand/dune driving but could be wrong. Also getting manual tranny and we'll see what the aftermarket add-ons looks like for lights and graphics. Just the basics. Skipping the Mid package and the high-end stuff. Don't want my Surf Bronco to be confused for a Land Rover driving through the gated neighborhoods. (Nothing against gated neighborhoods BTW :LOL:)

Edited: I may end up getting the Mid package after all since I want heated seats and a couple other things in it so for $1,500 it may be worth just getting it.
Reactions: Coryatver
Coryatver
@BroncOBX That sounds like a good plan! That really sounds like a great bronco spec for the beach
BroncOBX
BroncOBX
@Coryatver Thanks. Yeah, I will never be confused for a serious offroader. Just a fun vehicle that will be the daily drive and a occasional fun time at the coast. I'm a legacy Bronco owner (Gen 5) so a bit of it is nostalgia. 2 doors and basic, no-frills setup. About the most complex electronics I want are the two-way radios and 50mm gun turret with red-dot laser. (JK)
Evilriderobx
ob with locking diff
Frank N
Frank N
BroncoKong Jr.
BroncoKong Jr.
@Frank N Oh, I see. So a locking rear is optional on all, but locking front is only Squatch or Badlands.
Frank N
Frank N
Squatch isn't a must have for the beach, but it is a damn nice to have. I used to drive the beach with open diff 4x4s, aired downed and correct driving and I never got stuck, Now I have locking rear and an Torsen front diff on the Raptor, there is a difference in capabilities you notice when in real soft sugar sand. I wont decide what I want for options until build and price, but either base or black diamond in a 2dr. I want a convertible I can take surf fishing.
PecOBX
Current signed up for a Big Bend but likely to move up to the OBX with the 2.7. Top and doors off for cruising around Duck and Corolla.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views