Sponsored

HABO - Houston Area Bronco Owners

Group for the Houston area members!
Does anyone have any suggestions on property around Houston area to drive off-road without going to Austin or Huntsville etc.? What's the rule on non-posted public lands? There are a lot of unimproved roads and lots abutting bayous and what-not (some are posted) -- unposted rights of way and so forth... I just want to try out some of the features/modes of my new Bronco
Show full message
grayshadow
grayshadow
In the Houston area and most of Texas it would be advisable to stay on roadway. A lot of private land in Texas and it’s not their responsibility to post, it’s your responsibility to know where you are allowed to go.
SubmarineNuke
SubmarineNuke
While I’m no expert, the only thing I’ve seen is a couple of parks over towards Crosby. But if you check their website, Instagram etc they’re really just places to get muddy. If mud is your thing, then check em out. If you want rocks you’re gonna have to look at hidden falls, katemcy, head up to DFW and visit Bridgeport etc
4avor8ntfair
4avor8ntfair
Is there somewhere in Huntsville?
mpmcgaughey
mpmcgaughey
There’s a loop around Conroe!
SubmarineNuke
SubmarineNuke
@mpmcgaughey that just seemed like a dirt road…and is it even still open? More searching YouTube etc and nothing newer than like 4 years ago. But a dirt road isn’t really off-roading, nice Sunday drive when the weather is nice, but not off-roading. Looked like you could do that whole run in a riced out civic 🤷🏼‍♂️
darinhouston
I don’t need rocks. But I would like some hills and ruts and berms and general terrain to practice things.
SpringTXOR
SpringTXOR
Lost Hwy 87, I've been meaning to go check it out.
darinhouston
Looks like it’s closed
Texasliam
Google map high island. Hwy 87 was washed out from the corner of 87 and 124 many years ago going NE from the intersection. Travel along the beach for many miles. There might be a naked beach I've heard. Not sure. Be responsible and stay off the dunes. Wash the salty sand off
SpringTXOR
SpringTXOR
Just there yesterday and it is for sure closed. There was one naked person laying out in the sun too. It is all fenced up now.
Texasliam
Closed with piling in the sand? If so they will disappear sooner or later. If it's just signs you could risk the ticket. Signs have a way of disappearing too. No beach patrols I'm sure. Get familiar with texas open beaches act. It could be beat in court I bet.
SpringTXOR
SpringTXOR
Big fences going out to the surf with signs saying beach is closed to all access.
Texasliam
Good to know. Maddens me knowing Texas open beaches act in Texas constitution states we have access to all beaches, but what are you going to do when the county or city puts up a fence right?
SpringTXOR
SpringTXOR
It doesn't protect your right to drive on the beach, just access to it.
darinhouston
I saw on a local Jeep site that they regularly take trail rides somewhere near Fuqua and 288. Is anyone familiar with this?
SpringTXOR
SpringTXOR
Sounds like private property situation to me.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views