Sponsored

Central TX Bronco Club

A group based in Central Texas dedicated to sharing and enjoying what the Ford Bronco has to offer.
ThinBlueBronco
After 1,007 days…she’s finally home! I picked her up from Granger last Friday-but haven’t had a moment to post to the Central TX Group.

I’m in love and can’t wait to meet up with some local Broncos! I’m in Georgetown! Anyone have plans soon? I know most posts for meet ups are on Facebook, but wanted to check here first, as I like the forum much more as a social media app.
Show full message

Attachments

Krak-A-Pat
Krak-A-Pat
Dang they delivered it to you dirty?! 😂🤣😂 thats awesome you finally got it!Cant wait to get mine
gmannerino
gmannerino
Congrats! I waited 745 days which felt like a lifetime, Im sure another 255 days wasnt fun.
Curious why your handle doesnt match the color you chose. Did you have an older blue Bronco, or originally want Antimatter Blue like me?

Ive also wanted to do some meet ups. Hidden Falls seems to be the common spot around here, but Im wanting something less rock crawly. No current plans myself, but I'm itching for something.
Reactions: ThinBlueBronco
ThinBlueBronco
ThinBlueBronco
@gmannerino I did really want a blue bronco, but after they only offered lightning blue on first edition. So I went black so I can wrap it to match my bike! Which I wrapped from black to a slightly darker version of Grabber Blue.

I’m down to do something easier/light-I’m need to ease in as I haven’t off-roaded since I was a teenager! But I thought hidden falls has some beginner trails?

Attachments

law
law
Excited for you. My rig should be at Granger in the next few weeks.
How was the drive back? Did you just drive all the way home or did you stop? What route did you take?
Any hints to getting to Des Moines?
Also, is there any thing I need to know to get through the process with Granger?
I like the optional badlands wheels. I was going that route then decided to take stock wheel and swap to after market.
Im in San Antonio but I plan on breaking in the bronco near you. I would welcome company. Its funner when you break stuff as a group.
Reactions: ThinBlueBronco
ThinBlueBronco
ThinBlueBronco
@law drive back was easy-straight down I-35. I was alone (family couldn’t make it) so I drove straight through. Boring? Yes. Easy on engine for break in? Yes!

Kansas was rough-but there is a scenic pull off for the Flint Meadows or Flint Hills area which was very beautiful. I regret not stopping for a photo.

Allegiant Airlines flies direct from Austin (south terminal) to Des Moines every Thursday and Sunday. One way tickets were $31- $84! Totally worth it!

Process with Granger was so smooth. Honestly the best dealership I’ve ever dealt with. So I don’t foresee any problems for you there.
Tex
Tex
@ThinBlueBronco Kansas has the coolest air and space museum I've seen short of the Smithsonian, the Cosmosphere. Has the most insane stuff, like the authentic Apollo 13 command module, Sputnik 1's flight ready backup, the X1 replica from the Right Stuff, an actual moon rock, German V1 buzz bomb and V2 rocket, even an SR71 just hanging out in the lobby. All this extremely rare and historic stuff is juxtaposed in a tiny rural town far away from pretty much everything, you'd never expect to see any of it there. If anyone is passing through Kansas, it is absolutely worth diverting your route to take you there. Everything else west of Wichita is about as topographically interesting as a pool table.
ThinBlueBronco
ThinBlueBronco
@Tex wish I knew about that! Would have absolutely stopped-love that stuff!!
friethmiller
friethmiller
Damn! I waited a measly 723 days. What the hell was I complaining about.
Sparkherd
Sparkherd
Took her out in the mud dint ya?
darinhouston
That's the best looking black one I've seen - wheels and tires look perfect -- it doesn't look like a Sasquatch but are those 35s?
law
law
@darinhouston I believe the wheels are the optional badlands wheels. Based on that guess, the tires are 33s. The optional wheels are sharp.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views