Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Raised the front end 1 inch? So sounds like you did a 1” level kit and not the 2.5” RC lift kit that’s been the primary discussion in this thread.
Correct. I just wanted to level out the front with the rear. It worked flawlessly.
Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Raised the front end 1 inch? So sounds like you did a 1” level kit and not the 2.5” RC lift kit that’s been the primary discussion in this thread.
I still see no response to this question and likely the reason RC doesn't say it should fit:

So you installed a spacer lift on top of high performance shocks? Did you happen to extend your bump stop to accommodate this? The upper control arms I am sure help keep the UCA's off the spindle but curious to see if you are maxing the CV's at full droop too.
This goes for any coil bucket spacer. It will be extra detrimental on these shocks as they are meant to be beat on at high speeds. The only thing I think that can potentially keep this from happening is the fact that the sway bar might limit up travel enough to keep from bending shock shafts.

coilover-with-top-hat-spacer-animation.gif

Devilbrad

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack. 2017 Challenger Hellcat.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still see no response to this question and likely the reason RC doesn't say it should fit:

This goes for any coil bucket spacer. It will be extra detrimental on these shocks as they are meant to be beat on at high speeds. The only thing I think that can potentially keep this from happening is the fact that the sway bar might limit up travel enough to keep from bending shock shafts.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! coilover-with-top-hat-spacer-animation
That's a cool animation that someone spent a lot of time on. However it doesn't apply to Broncos. There are no bump stops on a Bronco. Any jump with stock suspension could potentialy bottom the stock shocks out. Most likely the coil spring will bind up before the shock does. A spacer won't change that.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a cool animation that someone spent a lot of time on. However it doesn't apply to Broncos. There are no bump stops on a Bronco. Any jump with stock suspension could potentialy bottom the stock shocks out. Most likely the coil spring will bind up before the shock does. A spacer won't change that.
My mechanic shop installed the RC lift on mine and foresee no problems. Granted, I am no hardcore off roader, or would have done differently. I am happy with the outcome.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

there has to be something that limits the up travel that isn’t the shock.

Devilbrad

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack. 2017 Challenger Hellcat.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
there has to be something that limits the up travel that isn’t the shock.
Looking at my Bronco right now, nothing. No bump or droop stops. Go look at your Bronco, maybe it's different??

20230415_122254.jpg

20230415_122324.jpg

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at my Bronco right now, nothing. No bump or droop stops. Go look at your Bronco, maybe it's different??

Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 20230415_122324

Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 20230415_122324
interesting, unfortunately I haven’t taken delivery yet. My knowledge is based off Toyota ifs. I can’t wait to learn more about the ford ifs.

WTRAK

Wildtrak
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak has the Hoss 3.0 can you tell me what is the part number of the RC 2.5"lift that you installed?

OP
OP
TexasDan

TexasDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak has the Hoss 3.0 can you tell me what is the part number of the RC 2.5"lift that you installed?
TexasDan said:
This is getting confusing, I installed the "Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit sku:51071 ", only,
1677686557136-png.png

Spacers on top of coilover assembly, upper control arms, diff. drop, track bar drop. No collars.

I looked for the email from Rough Country saying it would fit, but must have deleted it. The install went exactly as the instructions showed, nothing, other than the skidplate, had to be modified.

The steel skidplate was the only modifying that had to be done, I don't believe it had anything to do with being a HOSS 3.0. The diff. drop lowers the diff., the skidplate isn't lowered so it makes contact.

Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thank you for sharing
To be clear on the skid plate, I believe only Texas Dan had to modify the skid. Maybe because his is a two door. I don't believe anyone else had to. Including me.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TexasDan said:
This is getting confusing, I installed the "Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit sku:51071 ", only,
1677686557136-png.png

Spacers on top of coilover assembly, upper control arms, diff. drop, track bar drop. No collars.

I looked for the email from Rough Country saying it would fit, but must have deleted it. The install went exactly as the instructions showed, nothing, other than the skidplate, had to be modified.

The steel skidplate was the only modifying that had to be done, I don't believe it had anything to do with being a HOSS 3.0. The diff. drop lowers the diff., the skidplate isn't lowered so it makes contact.
In my opinion the only way to resolve the issues when lifting these outside of a complete new drive system with high angle CV’s and ball joints is to drop the Dif and aftermarket control arms to keep angles in check. Sure it works for normal driving and light duty off road service but it will likely result in reduced service life of the drive line components.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DV8 MTO bumpers installed with Diode Dynamics fogs in front, and backup lights in rear, DV8 light bar on bull bar. Superwinch SX10SR. Oh yeah, 37" KO2's on stock wheels.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 1677686557136-
Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! 1677686557136-
Love it. The white script tires, I might copy that in the future!!!
Sponsored