Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last weekend, Barnwell Mountain here in East Texas (two hours east of Dallas) had their Fall Run. If you are an off roader, highly suggest looking out for this fun event.

Courtesy of @BroncoWildFund (BWF), I attended and had a great time. Thank you to Julia and Flip. Whatever you feel about Ford, I've only had great experiences with the Off Roadeo, Off Road Connect and now Bronco Wild Fund. Good people to spend a day with.

Enjoy the photos. They're actually not of the official BWF ride out in the morning; I went out with the Fall Run group (hence all the Jeepers and Toyos, plus a SxS). Maybe without realizing it, a group of Broncos followed me over. Sorry BWF! We did do parts of Omega, though, which was the BWF trail they put together. Later we did Omega two more times with the BWF crew, as well.

And yes, the raffle was legit. Must've been $20k of stuff given out. The couple next to me bought $250 in tickets and walked out easily with $2k in loot. Shout out to the donaters and sponsors alike.

There is a kinda crappy picture of DeWoody towards the end, this ultra gnarly crawler hillside they have. This event was a buggython (never seen so many tow in rigs, many from Houston in fact), but they'd already gone back for the raffle/dinner. I'll post a cool video later. It's a pretty cool double black, for sure.

Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1618.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1620.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1621.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1626.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1642.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1644.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1648.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1652.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1654.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1656.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1658.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1659.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1669.JPG

This is my crappy photo of DeWoody:

Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1678.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1681.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1683.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1684.JPG
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_1687.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got videos of all the Broncos and some others, but I need to edit them together. I'll leave this here for now. He did this midgrade obstacle perfectly. The only one who did...

Last edited:
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the Bronco Wild Fund demo course. It was pretty similar to the Off Roadeo one.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn I wish I had known about this. Im less than 2hr from BMRA and still havent taken the Bronco. Got a link to somewhere I can get updates?

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn I wish I had known about this. Im less than 2hr from BMRA and still havent taken the Bronco. Got a link to somewhere I can get updates?
Yeah, I'm not sure. It was a good deal; we all got annual memberships, which I didn't realize. You might periodically check BMRA's events page, I see they have a Mega Run at the end of Feb 2024.

I would say subscribe to NTX Bronco if you haven't, I try to post there when I'm going out so others can join. I did on this one, although I can't find that entry... 🤔 That was on Thursday, though. I knew very late.

I have a membership now, so if you want to go one weekend, shoot me a message. If I'm free, I'll join you. It's a day trip for me.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm not sure. It was a good deal; we all got annual memberships, which I didn't realize. You might periodically check BMRA's events page, I see they have a Mega Run at the end of Feb 2024.

I would say subscribe to NTX Bronco if you haven't, I try to post there when I'm going out so others can join. I did on this one, although I can't find that entry... 🤔 That was on Thursday, though. I knew very late.

I have a membership now, so if you want to go one weekend, shoot me a message. If I'm free, I'll join you. It's a day trip for me.
Im in Shreveport so not far. I used to go regularly with the local jeep club but they called me a traitor and kicked me out :ROFLMAO: JK.. They have said Im still welcome to go I just dont keep up with them anymore. Ill have to check out the website and see whats coming up. Ill keep ya in mind when I decide to go. Ive got a couple buddys with tacomas and sxs that go from time to time as well.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in Shreveport so not far. I used to go regularly with the local jeep club but they called me a traitor and kicked me out :ROFLMAO: JK.. They have said Im still welcome to go I just dont keep up with them anymore. Ill have to check out the website and see whats coming up. Ill keep ya in mind when I decide to go. Ive got a couple buddys with tacomas and sxs that go from time to time as well.
Ok, so I got a question: I popped my hood last night to clean up my engine bay and of course it was dusty. So I blew it off with my blower. Then I was alarmed, because all the metal surfaces looked severely rusted. Like, on the seashore rusted.

However, when I brushed the positive on my battery, it looks like red dust from Barnwell. Maybe it's static cling? Have you seen this before after going out there?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so I got a question: I popped my hood last night to clean up my engine bay and of course it was dusty. So I blew it off with my blower. Then I was alarmed, because all the metal surfaces looked severely rusted. Like, on the seashore rusted.

However, when I brushed the positive on my battery, it looks like red dust from Barnwell. Maybe it's static cling? Have you seen this before after going out there?
Havent ever paid attention to the battery before. I know everything was covered in red clay dust tho.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a good time. Thanks for shaing (y) .
I know we complain about Ford a good bit, but this @BroncoWildFund is one of the better ideas they've had. If we don't work to keep our trails open by being responsible guest, volunteering to help keep trails open, we are all going to become mall crawlers because trail closure threats are real & unfortunately happen. 🤠

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got videos of all the Broncos and some others, but I need to edit them together. I'll leave this here for now. He did this midgrade obstacle perfectly. The only one who did...

Haha, they were like mirror! Mirror! he was like hold my beer.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, they were like mirror! Mirror! he was like hold my beer.
That was me. He went higher on the ridge on the left of the video than anyone else, only two people didn't have to push the mirror in. I did but got too close to the wall (what the spotter said to do). He definitely had the best line. The white 4Runner behind him didn't do too bad either, but he went the way I went, around that drop.

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would a non-sas 4-Door Outer Banks be able to run any of the trails there?
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_5601.JPG

sstephens

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang, Freestyle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That red dust is hanging onto everything! Wonder if it has something to do with the volcanic Rock out there!

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a non-sas 4-Door Outer Banks be able to run any of the trails there?
Ford Bronco Barnwell Mountain Fall Run with Bronco Wild Fund 2023-10-14 IMG_5601.JPG
Yep. We had a Bronco that didn't have lockers (if you see one with skeletons hanging on it) and it did just fine. There are a LOT of trails. Like maybe 70. Some are really hard, the ones we did mostly weren't. Anyhow, even without lockers picking a good line and using momentum (more speed) will get you through a lot of stuff.
Sponsored