Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to find this thread. Finally took my Bronco to VT for the winter (one of the main reasons I bought it) and as much as I hate to say it, I miss my Fiesta ST with its Michelin X Ices. There’s no denying the Bronco will demolish what held back the FiST as far as snow height, but the FiST was way less skittish than the Bronco on its K02s. Ideally looking to have a dedicated winter / summer setup down the line with 35s for the summer and 33s in the winter. Been eyeing the Hakkapeliitta in 265/70r17 but not sure if those will be too skinny vs the stock 285s.
Nice to see so many fellow skiers on this board. I was starting to think everybody on B6G lived in Texas and were mainly interested in tire shine recommendations.

Ive got a 2-door and my daily driver is a 193 ON3P Billy Goat. I’ve been a volunteer patroller here for almost 40 years and always got a free locker, until this year. It took a few days to sink in just how spoiled I have been all these years. Every year it seems the benefits of volunteering are less and less. For now, my skis are riding inside with me, diagonally across my center console. Not a good solution but it will do for now.
Bummer to hear about the loss of the locker. Having to haul mine too / from the lot (especially with how far they’ve made free lots now(f* Vail)) always sucks. I have racks for the top of my Bronco but put them in the car with me in a bag last time, had to throw down the whole second row. Would love racks that don’t take too much effort to put on unlike the Thules I have. Cranking down the straps when it’s below freezing kills my fingers. I have a hitch I could put the skis on but that whole setup just seems like a lot and always scares me how much they bounce around. Plus would just be kicking snow and rocks into them.

Excellent ski choice though. Have a set of On3p Jeronimos and Woodsman 96s. Also got on the J Skis train last year and they’re a blast. Love the passion of the smaller ski companies.
Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m using a very tiny rhino rack for skis. It’s small enough that I can fit my Thule next to it…. just barely. Can get a few boards into the Thule.
Ford Bronco Wanted: ski/snowboard builds IMG_3498
Ford Bronco Wanted: ski/snowboard builds IMG_6313

xxl17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those that put the skis on the roof. D you attach the ski carrier directly to the OEM crossbars or do you add the ski carrier crossbars in addition?

Sponsored

jc0re

Raptor
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those that put the skis on the roof. D you attach the ski carrier directly to the OEM crossbars or do you add the ski carrier crossbars in addition?
I was wondering the same. A couple posts back, a guy showed these Yakima Fat Cat EVOs that he said he attached directly to OEM cross bars. It looks like the Thule Snowpacks might work as well. I'd rather use the OEM cross bars if possible.