First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW on ford.media.com it states that the overland concept has a 2.7. As observed, it also has a manuaI. I know it is a concept but sounds like good news for those wanting a manual trans in year 2. I was at the event and noticed how low it sat. I was told it had squatch with stiffer springs and longer struts. Obviously it had true 35” tires so those are .6” larger than stock sasquatch 315 70 r17. I attributed the appearance in the rear because of the gear loaded in the back but I couldn’t figure out the front. Seemed like a decent rake compared to the back. With the weight of the winch and probably 150 or so extra pounds in the motor explains a little. To me it had a much better appearance than the 2 door with 33” tires. It wouldn’t be a true comparison bc of gear but I wish I had gotten some outer dimensions of the 4 door at the wheel wells/rock rails.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW on ford.media.com it states that the overland concept has a 2.7. As observed, it also has a manuaI. I know it is a concept but sounds like good news for those wanting a manual trans in year 2. I was at the event and noticed how low it sat. I was told it had squatch with stiffer springs and longer struts. Obviously it had true 35” tires so those are .6” larger than stock sasquatch 315 70 r17. I attributed the appearance in the rear because of the gear loaded in the back but I couldn’t figure out the front. Seemed like a decent rake compared to the back. With the weight of the winch and probably 150 or so extra pounds in the motor explains a little. To me it had a much better appearance than the 2 door with 33” tires. It wouldn’t be a true comparison bc of gear but I wish I had gotten some outer dimensions of the 4 door.
In the vid the BN guy had the hood open and it was clearly a 2.3 (which he stated in the vid). Anybody w/the link please post it?

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 1 min in he states it’s the 2.3 inline 4.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW on ford.media.com it states that the overland concept has a 2.7.
No, it's the 2.3. Ford's site has a typo, every other site reports it as the 2.3.

OP
OP

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it's the 2.3. Ford's site has a typo, every other site reports it as the 2.3.
Well shit. Sorry for the post then. I had not seen that video.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The release on media.ford.com also said that it has a 10 speed auto right after the 2.7 typo. So nothing to see here about the possibility of 2.7/manual.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs