Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my 2 door Badlands, I removed the rear seats, built the platform with 3/4” birch plywood and coated with two coats of Herculiner roll on bed liner paint. I used a piano hinge for the compartment door and lockable marine latch locks so it can be locked. Using angled framing hinges and a chop saw for the back of the compartment’s frame I was able to follow the rear door contours and maintain functionality of the stock storage compartment for the jack. You can kind of see how this was done in the pictures.

The entire compartment is secured and bolted down in the middle using the four OEM seat mounting bolts and a 2” x 1/8” aluminum bar that’s attached to the bottom of the compartment. I secured the front using the four OEM hex bolts that secure the rear seat cushions and attached those to the compartment via some shelving brackets I modified to fit. You can see the middle bolts in the picture but I don’t have pictures of the front (I’ll take a picture later and post it tomorrow).

As far as dimensions the compartment provides 6” of storage space but that’s all I can provide. When I “designed” this I created a picture of what I wanted in my mind and measured, cut and adjusted as I went so I don’t have any of the dimensions available.

Total weight is about 40# while the rear seats and mounts weighed 69#. Lastly, I did scratch the plastic in the Bronco’s rear compartment while dry fitting and adjusting the storage box. I did figure out that a couple of the thin flexible plastic kitchen cutting boards would prevent scratches.

Ford Bronco 2 Door DIY Storage Compartment and Load Floor with Rear Seats Removed C199311A-337B-48A5-ADB0-DBC734ABC2A6

Ford Bronco 2 Door DIY Storage Compartment and Load Floor with Rear Seats Removed EE943FAD-0AD9-4CD4-9DFE-B2A0A70A8737
Sponsored

Last edited:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks very professional ! Well done.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the middle of doing something similar , to hide woofer, and hidden storage.
Heres a few rough pics,
I’m changing the jog in the rear to straight across though, just slightly shorter
Ford Bronco 2 Door DIY Storage Compartment and Load Floor with Rear Seats Removed IMG_1975
Ford Bronco 2 Door DIY Storage Compartment and Load Floor with Rear Seats Removed IMG_1974
Sponsored