Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello everyone,

My name is Bernie. I'm 41, married and have a 6 year old daughter. I live in Ambler PA, a suburb of Philly. I'll admit that in my early 20s I was part of the Honda/Fast and Furious modifying crowd. Haha. I've lost count of how many cars I've owned over the years, but it's near 17 or 18. Been with my wife for 21 years so far, so I give her credit for putting up with me and my car obsession....despite the many arguments. I also got into sportbikes, and rode a 2005 Yamaha R6 for a few years. I had a '12 WRX which was my favorite of the cars I've owned. Now, life is boring. Haha. I'm cruising a 2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD, and a 2018 Mazda 3 (6sp manual). Despite getting older, I've tried to always own at least one manual car and have done so for the last 25 years. I always enjoyed rowing my own gears and felt more connected to the car and road vs an automatic. You can imagine how ecstatic I was when there was mention of a manual trans for the new Bronco. I'm gonna try to keep that tradition going.

My wife had a '90 Chevy Blazer when I first met her. It was a V8, and she loved it. One of my friends used to have the Bronco II...so I'm familiar with those original models. Unfortunately, I've never owned a truck or a true 4x4 SUV. I've been loving the idea of a 4x4 that I can cart the family around in, while giving some mild off-roading a try. My daughter loves the outdoors, so this and the fact that my wife misses her Blazer is even more reason to get a Bronco. It'll be a good excuse to spend more time outdoors, taking trips, etc. I've been reading up on people's guesses regarding the specs, so I can't wait until the 13th.

Do you guys/girls think that a 2 door will be too small for a family of 3? Less safe vs 4 door?

I've driven 2 door Jeep's, but the back was a little small. With Jeep I never liked that there was a lack of safety features for rear passengers (rear air bags). I'm assuming the bronco will be better equipped. Also, any word if the 2.3 will come with the manual or if it's only on the 2.7? I'm one of those buyers who will be purchasing bare bones, cheapest model, manual trans (if possible), and then modify little by little later on. I'll be searching the threads and continuing the education of all things new Bronco. Am I eligible for one of those pizza stickers, since I signed up this month? lol.

Bernie
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Bernie, best guess I can give on room for a 2-door is assume it to have same amount in back as the Jeep 2 door. Which certainly isn't much. That's one of the things that is pushing me towards the 4 door.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I lived in Ambler for many years!
I wouldn’t consider the 2-door as a family vehicle.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't use a 2door as your primary family vehicle, but here and there it would work fine. I'm getting a 2 but its not going to be my DD
Sponsored