First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know everyone is liking the v6 turbo cars and I dont blame them but cars have just gotton too complicated. Turbos, e torque, e assist, batteries, etc etc. I'd settle for a car that I can fix on my own and pay the extra 3 miles per gallon and not pay a 5k repair at the dealer. My 2017 v8 mustang gets 20mpg average with highway and slightly spirited driving. V8s have come a long way. It is a little sluggish on takeoff at 6000 feet, but its a linear power curve with no lag.

I'm really curious to see if Ford has to start calling them 2022 at a certain point. I wont take a 2021 in Feb of 2022. I guess its good we have a refundable deposit.....

I own a 2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost. I mean the truck has a lot of power, but that turbo lag drives me crazy sometimes. My wife just bought a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 and was noticing how nice it was to not have that log. I mean the EcoBoost engines are awesome, but there at times, it annoys the crap out of me. Ok ...rant over. give me my EcoBoost Bronco now, please. LOL
Yikes.....I was really hoping the 2.7 wouldnt have turbo lag with the 2 separate turbos. Am I wrong?

My focus st was all torque and a descent high end, nothing crazy, with the turbo it had. It really makes for a better driving experience.