First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been searching the internet and this G6 Forum for the best Sun Sun Shade or Bimini Top for my 4 door Bronco and I decided to just install the front and back seat Factory MIC Top panels and drive it around for a few days for report on my thoughts. So Far it seems to be secure however, I wish there was another anchor point at the rear for the larger center roof panel. The shade is excellent compared to a mesh style bimini top and of course it is more quiet at speed. I feel it is more safe and secure while running errands because I can roll up up the windows and lock the doors to at least slow down any potential thieves. I am sure this would give the Bronco much better rain protection if I experienced a short down poor while parked. Let me know your thoughts and if anyone else is doing this? Also any idea to secure the rear panel so there will not be any possible flexing during highway speeds. I recall hearing on a post that FORD does not recommend running with this set up but I have not read my manual.

Hard Top 1.jpg

Hard Top 3.jpg

Hard Top 4.jpg

Hard Top 5.jpg

Hard Top 6.jpg

Hard Top 7.jpg
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have also seen/heard that this setup is not great due to the potential that the reap panel can fly off over time. I am using the @JTopsUSA bimini and have nothing but great things to say. I used this both on my Wildtrak and Raptor.

OP
OP
BroncoBilly22

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have also seen/heard that this setup is not great due to the potential that the reap panel can fly off over time. I am using the @JTopsUSA bimini and have nothing but great things to say. I used this both on my Wildtrak and Raptor.
Good to know. It feels absolutely fine so far. I have been just driving around town on short trips and a few Highway runs at 80mph and it seems very sturdy. I am planning to but the entire top back on this weekend due to potential rain and so I can wash it after wards. I will probably get the JTOP so I can leave in on all of the time it will be there ready to go when I remove the MIC hard top.
Thanks for the input.
Sponsored