Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am playing around with an idea for an affordable Cellphone holder to attach to the threaded mount in the top of the dash. I have made some progress and maybe ready to start final prototyping. Christmas is coming and so are Broncos. Ill keep y'all up to date on the final product. See concept below. Also, what are the metrics of Android to Apple users here? That way I can get an idea of sizing.

Comment below: APPLE or ANDROID

Ford Bronco 3D printing Ideas 1628371222765
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on 3D printing a MagSafe puck holder that fits in the mini phone holder in the center console for my 2D when it comes in. I want wireless charging but I didn't get the LUX package.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats a good idea too. If i come across any plans ill let you know and keep you updated on the final product

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on 3D printing a MagSafe puck holder that fits in the mini phone holder in the center console for my 2D when it comes in. I want wireless charging but I didn't get the LUX package.
Good idea. I was thinking about taking the console apart and putting a charger behind the plastic but I'm not sure if it will have enough power.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That could work, but i am looking to go all metal
There are tons of options. I have an all metal one for example. Just search for phone mount tripod. I would say to avoid all metal as it will get very hot in the direct sun. Maybe 3D print a beach umbrella for the phone so it doesn't get sunburned. :)

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are tons of options. I have an all metal one for example. Just search for phone mount tripod. I would say to avoid all metal as it will get very hot in the direct sun. Maybe 3D print a beach umbrella for the phone so it doesn't get sunburned. :)
One of the Mini tent displays you see at Scheels can work for that too lol

same2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get this done? I was thinking about the same thing, but you may be able to save me some effort

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get this done? I was thinking about the same thing, but you may be able to save me some effort
Have not, but it's on my todo list!

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be good to 3D breakable parts like mud flaps? I don't know enough about the material used in 3D printing, cost, durability, etc. Anyone have a comment?
Sponsored