First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Posting this here to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I'm getting a error message anytime I put it in 4A, whether its using the 4A button, or switching it to sport mode. Error message reads, "service vehicle soon" and disengages the 4A. Shutting down and restarting clears the issue, but happens again if I try to go in 4A. Seems to be either a transfer case issue or something.
Have an appt with the dealer in 2 weeks, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Yes, I do sometimes drive on dry pavement on 4A (which should be fine) but have never driven on dry pavement in 4H or 4L.

UPDATE - brought into dealer. Apparently my battery had a low charge, so it wouldn't let the 4wd engage???? Charged the battery and did a system reset and it fixed the issue. And this is why I don't even attempt to work on modern cars...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Posting this here to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I'm getting a error message anytime I put it in 4A, whether its using the 4A button, or switching it to sport mode. Error message reads, "service vehicle soon" and disengages the 4A. Shutting down and restarting clears the issue, but happens again if I try to go in 4A. Seems to be either a transfer case issue or something.
Have an appt with the dealer in 2 weeks, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Yes, I do sometimes drive on dry pavement on 4A (which should be fine) but have never driven on dry pavement in 4H or 4L.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - better get that checked. There was someone who has a loose wiring loom damaged down there or something going on with the transfer case electronics?

OP
OP
PNWbronco337

PNWbronco337

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank you for offering to help. VIN is 1FMEE5DP4MLB06284

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for offering to help. VIN is 1FMEE5DP4MLB06284
Thanks for replying to our original message; please be sure to DM us for further assistance. You can do so by clicking on our profile and clicking "start a conversation." I would also recommend removing your VIN from your last message as it is considered personally identifiable information (PII).
Sponsored