Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of the best purchases I have made for my Bronco has been ExoShield film for my windshield.

short version: A film that makes your windshield 6x stronger.

$375-warranty for 2 years or 30,000 miles. Cheap insurance for piece of mind. Its not a matter of if, but when a rock will pop your windshield.

I have received 3 hard hits from rocks while on the interstate. No damage. That, in itself is worth it. Nothing more sickening than a cracked windshield on your brand new vehicle. Many Expel PPF installers also apply the ExoShield as well.
Thanks for posting this. I'm seriously considering Exoshield. A few questions...

1.) How would you rate any visual clarity reduction when looking through the windshield with the applied Exoshield: any cloudiness, haze, etc., or can you not even tell it's been applied?

2.) This came from an installer who works with the STEK Dynoflex instead. He said that the Exoshield film develops scratches from the windshield wipers fairly quickly. I'm sure you haven't noticed anything yet, but curious as to your experience approximately one week in. Also, thinking out loud... I wonder if it's possible to put an extra coating on top of the Exoshield -- either ceramic wax or Shatter-X for even more protection and longevity of the film itself?

3.) Also general question: wondering if anyone has installed Exoshield on the outside and a heat rejection (clear) tint on the inside of the windshield (Llumar, Xpel). Has this sandwiched double-layer of applied films created any issues with clarity or anything else?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for posting this. I'm seriously considering Exoshield. A few questions...

1.) How would you rate any visual clarity reduction when looking through the windshield with the applied Exoshield: any cloudiness, haze, etc., or can you not even tell it's been applied?

2.) This came from an installer who works with the STEK Dynoflex instead. He said that the Exoshield film develops scratches from the windshield wipers fairly quickly. I'm sure you haven't noticed anything yet, but curious as to your experience approximately one week in. Also, thinking out loud... I wonder if it's possible to put an extra coating on top of the Exoshield -- either ceramic wax or Shatter-X for even more protection and longevity of the film itself?

3.) Also general question: wondering if anyone has installed Exoshield on the outside and a heat rejection (clear) tint on the inside of the windshield (Llumar, Xpel). Has this sandwiched double-layer of applied films created any issues with clarity or anything else?
1. Can't tell it is there.
2. I've heard about wiper scratch as well, however, I don't think I have had it long enough to say. What I can say is, after going through two rain showers, I haven't noticed any scratches
3. N/A

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. Can't tell it is there.
2. I've heard about wiper scratch as well, however, I don't think I have had it long enough to say. What I can say is, after going through two rain showers, I haven't noticed any scratches
3. N/A
Come back here, OP, and tell us how it's doing a month-ish in! I'm looking at having ExoShield installed once my Bronco gets here in a couple weeks. Any new thoughts?

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Come back here, OP, and tell us how it's doing a month-ish in! I'm looking at having ExoShield installed once my Bronco gets here in a couple weeks. Any new thoughts?
I’m now 2 1/2 months in and 6k on the odometer. ExoShield doing great . No scratches after numerous rain trips. Also been popped numerous more times and no chips. It has been worth every penny not to have that “sick” feeling when a rock hits and cracks the windshield.

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m now 2 1/2 months in and 6k on the odometer. ExoShield doing great . No scratches after numerous rain trips. Also been popped numerous more times and no chips. It has been worth every penny not to have that “sick” feeling when a rock hits and cracks the windshield.
Awesome news, glad it's working out well for you! I'm going to have it installed as well. Agree about the peace of mind with regards to rock chips.
Sponsored