First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Broptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife, kids and I are heading to Yosemite and Santa Cruz next week and will be driving around 20-30 hours (mostly freeway) in total over the week. I wanted to get any feedback or thoughts on my setup. We loaded up the four bikes yesterday and did a test drive to a local park about 6 miles away where I wen't 50 MPH.

All connections with the basket and bikes feels rock solid and I have two hitch stabilizers well in place which helped a ton. However, the bikes do sway (almost only up and down when hitting bumps) a little more than I would have hoped.

Bike carrier says 80lb limit so I don't think we have anything to worry about there.

We ordered a bike adapter for my wife's bike so it will not have to be angled so differently than the others and that should arrive today. We also ordered straps to keep the front tire/handle bars from turning.

Beyond that I was considering running my Pro Taper dirt bike straps around the bike frames and through the spare tire as a last like of defense.

I'd be interested to hear any other thoughts or feedback. Thanks in advance! These forums are the best!

Ford Bronco Advice for cargo basket/4-bike carrier IMG_0002

Ford Bronco Advice for cargo basket/4-bike carrier IMG_0003
Sponsored