First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 4Runner, 1967 Mustang 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the kind words about my Packhorse product line. I have been working on new overland accessory line specifically for the 2-door kit. I’ll be releasing it in February. It will also be compatible with previously sold Packhorse kits as well. If anyone has any questions I’m easy to reach via my website wickedrelicsoffroad.com or message me on Bronco6G.
Happy Holidays Y’all!

OP
OP

CamMackey

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t want this to sound rude because I am truly curious. What is the purpose of a slide out tailgate?
Im a photographer and filmmaker, having the extra space would be amazing to prep gear on. It also levels out the cargo for when I car camp with my pup. We took a trip to Montana and that 3 inch ledge killed my back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CamMackey

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I ended up buying it during the Christmas sale. Extremely happy with it. I was worried cause the few videos I’ve seen of it, it looks cheap. But in person it’s way nicer. Full on metal for most of it, very robust. The top part has some slight flex with heavy weight but should be fine. Has a cool rubber coating on the top which helps from things sliding around.

My dog has basically turned it into the most expensive dog bed haha.

Combined with the 25% off and my ford points I think I paid just around $1k for it
Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? DSCF5597.JPG
Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? 3B205AC4-89D7-4C68-9E0A-BCDAFB8F43A5

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much did it set you back with the sale? I have other things to purchase, so the slide-out will have to wait for a while.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine earlier in the year when Ford Accessories was running a 30% off deal, as Sorle pointed out it's great for tailgating, makes a nice bench and work table and one of the things I really like is how it evens the floor out when the seats are down. It's a nice sturdy piece of kit.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? 3B205AC4-89D7-4C68-9E0A-BCDAFB8F43A5
Does it even out the floor exactly or is there still a little step between the slide out and the top of the back seats?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does it even out the floor exactly or is there still a little step between the slide out and the top of the back seats?
It's pretty darn even.

OP
OP

CamMackey

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what are you using to cover the carpet on the flaps between the seat and cargo cover?

Sponsored

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate the kind words about my Packhorse product line. I have been working on new overland accessory line specifically for the 2-door kit. I’ll be releasing it in February. It will also be compatible with previously sold Packhorse kits as well. If anyone has any questions I’m easy to reach via my website wickedrelicsoffroad.com or message me on Bronco6G.
Happy Holidays Y’all!
I just installed mine this weekend, but haven't had a chance to see how best to utilize it. It seems to me the use case for this is easy access to a flat floor. I had considered other rear-seat delete systems like Goose Gear, but I didn't want to have to worry about cargo (like dog crates) constantly scratching the new floor.

Even before the install, I had some ideas for use cases that Chris is working on, so I'm looking forward to his accessory line.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally installed my slide out from www.WickedRelicsOffroad.com ; I'm impressed. This thing is heavy duty, well-made, no rattles, and slides easily. It's installed in my 2-door with rear seats removed. I have my spare (using a spare tire delete for the tailgate) strapped down on longer trips. Chris the owner is easy to work with and a great communicator. A+ on this product. No affiliation. Thanks @WickedG6

Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? 65412C41-F2A3-4022-9B72-5E4DDBE3A806

Last edited:

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally installed my slide out from www.WickedRelicsOffroad.com ; I'm impressed. This thing is heavy duty, well-made, no rattles, and slides easily. It's installed in my 2-ddor with rear seats removed. I have my spare (using a spare tire delete for the tailgate) strapped down on longer trips. Chris the owner is easy to work with and a great communicator. A+ on this product. No affiliation. Thanks @WickedG6

Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? 65412C41-F2A3-4022-9B72-5E4DDBE3A806
100% Agree - I added the Havoc Molle panel to the interior tailgate a few weeks ago, have a small Packout bracket arriving today for the Havoc, and going to see if I can fit a M18 Milwaukee light (pictured below) for power outages, emergencies and rear lighting.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket slide out tailgate?? 1709417374067

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wish they made it for the 2-door without the rear seat delete. I keep some heavy tools back there and would be great to pull it out.
Sponsored