First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the past week or so I have noticed that my temperature gauge is way off. This is the ambient temperature reading that is located just above the tachometer on the main instrument cluster. For example, just now it was reading 105 degrees when it is probably around 75 degrees where I'm at. This used to be pretty accurate up until a week or two ago. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if there is an easy fix?
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. And it's like a $5 part (if that). It's on your driver's side mirror. Did mine a couple months ago I believe.

Funny thing is, I'm seeing it happen to more and more 2021 Broncos. That great Ford quality.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe check to see that the connector does not have any corrosion and then reassemble with some dielectric grease.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. And it's like a $5 part (if that). It's on your driver's side mirror. Did mine a couple months ago I believe.

Funny thing is, I'm seeing it happen to more and more 2021 Broncos. That great Ford quality.
Do you happen to have the part # handy? If it's that cheap I will probably do it myself as well rather than take it in to the dealer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the temperature reading off when you first get in or is it also wrong after driving for 5-10 minutes? If it's the first one, that's normal and it's because of where the sensor is located. If it's the second one, I'd replace it

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the temperature reading off when you first get in or is it also wrong after driving for 5-10 minutes? If it's the first one, that's normal and it's because of where the sensor is located. If it's the second one, I'd replace it
It stays wrong for the whole drive. I know what you mean though, when it was working correctly it would read hot initially, but after driving for a few minutes it would adjust down to the correct temp.

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Ford! It shouldn't be in the drivers mirror. Bad design? I would think it SHOULD be put in the intake air stream, somewhere in the air cleaner box. That way it's shaded from direct sun and a few seconds after the engine starts, it should have plenty of outside fresh air flowing across it. That should minimize the heating effect from the engine bay. My .02 ¢ worth...

tripmcl

Badlands
First Name
Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to my 21 in the first 6 months. Was reading a 140 when it was snowing.
Sponsored