First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Despite my research the popular rear roll bar amp location will not accommodate a Kicker CXA800.1 (and I suspect a 400.1) amp. The joint/lip where the two halves of the stock speaker box come together makes the amp height the issue. This is why the 500.1 Key mounted vertically fit, giving me false hope.

Posting this to save others the challenge. I have the B&O system so the stock amp location isn't viable. I also tried under the front seats.

So the questions becomes, where else might I mount this amp? It's not overly large, dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D.

If all else fails I *might* be able to grind down this lip but I worry about creating an air leak / structural issue as I'm sealing the box. HELP!

Ford Bronco Amp Location Options KickerCXA800.1
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Kicker 5 channel (same height) lives under my driver seat. Had to eliminate the rear air vent to do it though

IMG_4229.jpeg

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We mounted a Kicker 800.1 in the B & O amp location. It fit fine and sounds great!
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options 20221130_132221

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both my amps are under the front seats. Same, had to lose the heater vents.

OP
OP
Deez

Deez

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We mounted a Kicker 800.1 in the B & O amp location. It fit fine and sounds great!
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options 20221130_132221
Unfortunately I have the B&O system so that amp location (although perfect) is in use. I'll revisit the front seat option considering the vent removal. Although, my seats have structural cross members that I believe will prevent the amp from sliding in even with the vents removed. I'll get some detailed pictures if this works out in case it helps someone else. Hoping not to have to pull the seat.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately I have the B&O system so that amp location (although perfect) is in use. I'll revisit the front seat option considering the vent removal. Although, my seats have structural cross members that I believe will prevent the amp from sliding in even with the vents removed. I'll get some detailed pictures if this works out in case it helps someone else. Hoping not to have to pull the seat.
So you are adding an amp and keeping the factory amp, interesting...why?

OP
OP
Deez

Deez

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you are adding an amp and keeping the factory amp, interesting...why?
The factory B&O unit bolted to the sub box is an amp for the other 7 channels as well as the DSP. Can't just ditch it :)

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely removed the B & O amp and put a Axxess DSP in, the Kicker 800.1 on the sub enclosure, added 2 Euphoria amps (1 under each front seat) for the other speakers.
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options 326044904_5769586659815540_4028544612270815538_n
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options 326044904_5769586659815540_4028544612270815538_n

OP
OP
Deez

Deez

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Successfully got the CXA800.1 under the front passenger seat.

I was convinced I was going to have to take out the seat to get it there, but that wasn't necessary in the end. The trick was to take out the air vent which I learned simply pulled right out. I could then push down the carpet enough to sneak the amp under the seat support cross member.

This piece does rub very slightly when the seat is moved forward and back, but it's plastic and does not mark the amp. This support does not move up and down when the seat is adjusted in that dimension.

This amp (8-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D) barely fits in every dimension, but if you have this or a smaller amp rest assured this location will work.

In the following pictures, note that the fit is tighter than it looks especially with the non-flat floor surface. Not much wiggle room in any dimension.

Looking from the front passenger foot well back:
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options front

Looking from the rear passenger foot well forward:
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options back_unplugged

Looking from the side:
Ford Bronco Amp Location Options side

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The factory B&O unit bolted to the sub box is an amp for the other 7 channels as well as the DSP. Can't just ditch it :)
I plan on replacing the B&O amp with a DSP and 5 channel amp, I can't just boost the bass without better output from the speakers as well.
Sponsored