Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like the slide-out tailgate option has been added to the B&P- yay! It appears that it will let me order the onboard storage bags for the doors WITH the tailgate added onto the order for my 4 door BD. My understanding is those two are not a possible combo, as this makes the doors not fit in the vehicle with tailgate raising the floor to make less cargo space.

So I should just make sure I cancel the onboard storage bags when I contact my dealer this week to add the slide-out so it doesn't make my order unbuildable if the dealer's order system somehow doesn't catch the mistake and it allows me to order both, right?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can still order the bags for storage, and having the bags on your order will not prevent your vehicle from being built.

But you are correct, on-vehicle door storage is not possible with the slide-out tailgate since the tailgate itself raises the load floor too high. So I guess the bags effectively just become garage/shed storage bags.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can still order the bags for storage, and having the bags on your order will not prevent your vehicle from being built.

But you are correct, on-vehicle door storage is not possible with the slide-out tailgate since the tailgate itself raises the load floor too high. So I guess the bags effectively just become garage/shed storage bags.
Good to know. Thanks

I wonder if I should still get the "onboard" storage bags or should I just get the garage storage bags for the doors? Do the onboard ones have heavy duty stitching on the handles for hanging or would I be better off getting different bags if I want to hang them in my garage?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. Thanks

I wonder if I should still get the "onboard" storage bags or should I just get the garage storage bags for the doors? Do the onboard ones have heavy duty stitching on the handles for hanging or would I be better off getting different bags if I want to hang them in my garage?
I have never seen the garage storage bags that are on the accessories website in person… so no idea what their quality is like truthfully. I’m sure they’re probably fine, but your guess is as good as mine at this point.

BUT, my gut says you should probably remove the on-vehicle storage bags from your order. With all of the component shortages as of late, you don’t want a sudden shortage of storage bags to hold up your entire Bronco build. ;)
Sponsored