First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the 2.3L in my Ranger Tremor running on 33s (fine, 32.5s). It's zippy. Ford offers a tune for the Ranger 2.3L that boosts it up to where its just about on par with the 2.7L. I would expect the same tune to be for the Bronco, and its under a grand at your dealership (for the Ranger).

1634098376940.png

You are BARELY missing the factory specs for the 2.7L with numbers like that, and mine ended up slightly better. Its a 50ft/lb of torque lost, but thats not much in the grand scheme.

So no real loss, other than waiting for the tune to be released. After market will see much better numbers as well.

On top of that, I don't think we will be able to tune the 2.7L very much before it becomes a liability for the transmission.. so I dont expect the 2.7 guys to get too much ahead of the numbers seen with that tune.
Thisā˜ I have a 21 ranger on 33ā€™s as well and it has plenty of power. I put the ford performance tune in it and it made a huge difference. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see the same tuner for the bronco. Sasquatch is lower geared itā€™ll be fine.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, I think that you are going to be surprised on this... A lot of it is going to depend on the transmission temps and the actual abuse vs use.
I hope you're right and you very well could be.

OP
OP
Shallow Drifter

Shallow Drifter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, my only real concern is torque turning those 35's. I had dreams of a lift with 37's, but that might be on hold for a while. I'm considering the Raptor when it's released.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, my only real concern is torque turning those 35's. I had dreams of a lift with 37's, but that might be on hold for a while. I'm considering the Raptor when it's released.
Look, I have already started looking into some of this, and what I am seeing is that between a tune and a set of gears, this isn't going to be any issue.

Get some 5.13:1 or 5.38:1 gears and you can climb vertically for less money than the 2.7 would have cost you.
Sponsored