Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was so excited to pick up my 2023 Ford bronco Wildtrak back in February 2023 after stocking up on parts in the last year and half. After about three months, I noticed it look like wrinkles, starting to appear on the rear passenger side hardtop cap. After visiting the dealer back in September 2023 and showing them the issue of “delamination” they ordered a new hardtop and said Ford estimates a week until delivery of the rear hardtop cap, turns out it took about three months and was delivered at the end of December. I was really trying to talk the dealer into switching it out for a modular hardtop with the removable rear windows, but they wouldn’t budge even for a little extra down lol. I’m not too upset since it’s warrantable and no leaks yet but I’m hoping the new replacement hardtop doesn’t have the same issue or have leaks after they swap the old windows from the old hard tap onto the new one.

IMG_3110.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

IMG_3107.jpeg
You’d think after all the 2021’s issues. By 2023 they have all the kinks sorted out!!!! That looks horrible. I’ve never seen a Jeep hard top do that.
Sponsored

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe it was right around $800

No issues at all, front panels even fit in the storage bag still
How long did it take them to get the job done? A day or two? Thanks

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got lucky and have an extremely well built 23 top, but I still think its going to fail over time. If it lasts to the 3/36 mark and still in good shape I will most likely just LineX it. Right now the only aftermarket one I like is the one from AC, but its still a bit expensive with shipping it across the country.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2023 is at the dealership now for top warranty. Not sure when they will order it.

IMG_20240106_075422.jpg

IMG_20231223_100312_606.jpg

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got lucky and have an extremely well built 23 top, but I still think its going to fail over time. If it lasts to the 3/36 mark and still in good shape I will most likely just LineX it. Right now the only aftermarket one I like is the one from AC, but its still a bit expensive with shipping it across the country.
After our last trip I've noticed slight bubbles in mine.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The leaking of these tops is what has me worried. My soft top has not leaked at all. So I am a bit miffed about how the hard tops are leaking, and from the pics I have seen, all in that same spot.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to think the cracking/bubbling issues are manufacturing issues brought about by material science concerns that need better material engineering. Wonder how many people would vote to remove the plating (when new...) if it meant we'd get a heavier but much improved fiberglass or injection molded top. In other words, the "lighter" top might involve the dreaded weight/gas mileage issue. They're already pretty heavy compared to most Jeeps AFAIU.

Very complicated to make and sell a car these days.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The leaking of these tops is what has me worried. My soft top has not leaked at all. So I am a bit miffed about how the hard tops are leaking, and from the pics I have seen, all in that same spot.
Well, four spots. Along the front (windshield) that comes down to a window (happened to me), which was a seal issue according to Ford. Next, along the back windows (as shown in this thread). Next, along the rear window gasket (happened to me twice). And last, along the cross section between the front two pieces and back piece.

I think I'm going to have this issue eventually, it's already whistling a lot recently (after not at all) and I can feel a light breeze at 70mph if I put my hand up on the T join. Is it sagging or are the seals not pressing hard enough/dirt preventing good seal (like back window)? 🤔

In this respect, I think the rear window and this T join/seal issue are design defects. Replacing the seals is only a band aid.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is unacceptable on a $60K vehicle.

I don’t understand how they are having this problem. Jeep has been doing removable hardtops for a while, it’s not rocket science.

If their engineers can’t correct this maybe they should hire me.
Agreed, Ford is just so behind on quality right now, I mean that's less than a year old for a brand new car and that happens. I wish Ford would get some management that gives a crap about their products.

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long did it take them to get the job done? A day or two? Thanks
Dropped it off in the morning and picked it up the next afternoon

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well just noticed mine is bad too.....says it was built June of 22'......

Dealership is so......don't know how to explain. I work till 3pm M-F. They only allow appointments at 11, 12, and 1pm. I cant leave work at those times. They want me to leave it there a week. I dont think so.....
If they have to look at it for 2 seconds and order a new top....what is the big hairy deal.
I have a set date of March 1st to leave it there.....but we will see when i get there.

Ford Bronco Another One…Hardtop Delamination IMG_1596

Ford Bronco Another One…Hardtop Delamination IMG_1599
Sponsored

Last edited: