Sponsored

Anyone Know the Style of Connector for License Plate Light?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Turn Offroad rear bumper on order and will need to relocate my license plate. I'd like to have the plate light remain functional for legality, but I don't want to cut the connector off either side of the wiring.

Does anyone know the name/style of the connector for the plate light so I can make my own extension harness?
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what connector it is , but the female side is part of the circuit board on the light. You can cut the light up freeing the circuit board & the connector. There are 2 active connections that you can then solder to and run your leads out. This will avoid having to splice any factory wiring.
Anyway, that is what I did 🤠

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what connector it is , but the female side is part of the circuit board on the light. You can cut the light up freeing the circuit board & the connector. There are 2 active connections that you can then solder to and run your leads out. This will avoid having to splice any factory wiring.
Anyway, that is what I did 🤠
I'm looking at some prefab relocation kits since I don't feel like bothering to fab something up, and I'll need to run wires to the light. Definitely being lazy on this one. I want to keep the OEM stuff on the bumper intact so I can swap back or sell.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at some prefab relocation kits since I don't feel like bothering to fab something up, and I'll need to run wires to the light. Definitely being lazy on this one. I want to keep the OEM stuff on the bumper intact so I can swap back or sell.
All you would have to do is get another Plate light. The mod leaves everything else intact. You just pop out the light mod it & plug it back into the factory harness.

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll have to take a look at it when I drop the bumper. I may be making some assumptions about the system that aren't true. The relocation kit I'm looking at is pretty cheap but comes with its own integral LED, and that's what I'm looking to wire up with the connector.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to take a look at it when I drop the bumper. I may be making some assumptions about the system that aren't true. The relocation kit I'm looking at is pretty cheap but comes with its own integral LED, and that's what I'm looking to wire up with the connector.
It should be a simple 2-wire light, as that is what the factory is. You can pop the plate light unit out and you will see 3 led's in it, but there are only 2 of the 3 points that have a connection on the backside of the circuit board. You basically, just cut down the outside of the light and the circuit board will pop out with the connector. Then solder 2 leads to the board and run them to your new light.
Sponsored