First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Um, just go to the build and price, click on the lease/finance tabs and dick around with the numbers.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As much as I dislike leases since you own nothing at the end I am considering it for my Bronco whenever it comes in.

Mainly first year cars are known for jitters and growing pains and in a few years if I don’t like it I can turn it in and/or get the hybrid model if it is made.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I was well versed in leasing but never knew you could lease outside of the manufacturer. Who is Directions?

I think most importantly I am curious about whether FMCC and directions lock out third party purchasers during the lease. I may look to leasing merely as a form of protection if the car has problems. I would look to buy myself out within a year (if there are no problems) or conversely have someone else buy me out (if there are problems, but minor enough that’s there’s still lease equity given the demand/market value). I don’t want to play the whole game of Ford not addressing problems or not taking back the lease. I would look to just sell out the lease and pocket whatever market warrants (which could be 5-20k but obviously skewed lower depending on what problems there could be).

Last I checked when I sold my Subaru to Carmax, Ford was on the blacklist of manufacturers that blocked out Carmax purchases. Not sure if Ford blocks out Carmax/vroom etc only or if they block out any third party sale. My Volvo blocks out all third party sales so if you want to get out of your lease and sell it you need to take a tax hit. Not sure how directions treats it either.

anyone know?

Last edited:

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought I was well versed in leasing but never knew you could lease outside of the manufacturer. Who is Directions?

I think most importantly I am curious about whether FMCC and directions lock out third party purchasers during the lease. I may look to leasing merely as a form of protection if the car has problems. I would look to buy myself out within a year (if there are no problems) or conversely have someone else buy me out (if there are problems, but minor enough that’s there’s still lease equity given the demand/market value). I don’t want to play the whole game of Ford not addressing problems or not taking back the lease. I would look to just sell out the lease and pocket whatever market warrants (which could be 5-20k but obviously skewed lower depending on what problems there could be).

Last I checked when I sold my Subaru to Carmax, Ford was on the blacklist of manufacturers that blocked out Carmax purchases. Not sure if Ford blocks out Carmax/vroom etc only or if they block out any third party sale. My Volvo blocks out all third party sales so if you want to get out of your lease and sell it you need to take a tax hit. Not sure how directions treats it either.

anyone know?
Ford blocks out third party lease purchasing now

you have to buyout the lease yourself to sell it to carvana/vroom/carmax

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to lease, no way i am taking a second mortgage to pay through the teeth for 84 months...

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does that apply to third party individuals as well?

I.E. I have a leased $60k Bronco with a couple problems, but want out. I find a guy locally that is willing to buy me out for $65k. So even to sell to that person, I need to take a ~$4k tax hit to buy myself out and sell it to him?

The lockout, which provokes the tax hit, changes the entire dynamic (and probably a reason the manufacturers do it, as it largely disincentives the lessee)

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Um, just go to the build and price, click on the lease/finance tabs and dick around with the numbers.
That more of an estimate rather than an exact number. It may be representative of what ford will offer if you lease directly from them, but interest rates and residuals will vary month to month, and may also vary by region, and numbers I've seen on the website have been pretty static. Also many dealers have other options to lease rather than just through ford, which often have better interest rates(money factors) than ford itself

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford blocks out third party lease purchasing now

you have to buyout the lease yourself to sell it to carvana/vroom/carmax
So this may be getting off topic, but is this a relatively new thing? We traded in my wife's minivan lease two months ago, and Ally had a difference in payoff of over $15k if we bought it out versus the dealer. Of course the dealer had a work around in that they got me a loan for the minivan until the title came in, then paid it off. Seems like the whole thing is shady and not above board...

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this may be getting off topic, but is this a relatively new thing? We traded in my wife's minivan lease two months ago, and Ally had a difference in payoff of over $15k if we bought it out versus the dealer. Of course the dealer had a work around in that they got me a loan for the minivan until the title came in, then paid it off. Seems like the whole thing is shady and not above board...
yeah, past month or so for Ford. Ally was one of the first who started this, they've been like this for a year I think.

inventory has been low so auto manufacturer's leasing branches started doing this to get vehicles in their stores

you can trade your Ford lease into a Ford store early and they can buy it, but they know your options are limited and will probably offer less than the online sites and CarMax etc.
Sponsored