Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my build date next week and it seems to be holding. I’m new the off-road game. Recommendations on places to take my rig near the DFW area? I’ll be traveling with a 6 year old. At this point, she fully expects the bronco to drive straight over the non-existent DFW mountains.

If any of you are in the DFW, would love to line up a group bronco off-road trip. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TXLazer

TXLazer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That seems to be the only legal place in the area. I went to the Off Rodeo event in Austin this weekend. It was fantastic but it made me realize 1) the stock bronco is way more impressive than I had thought, and 2) this beginner wants to go places that I know other stock broncos have gone and not destroyed the rig. I’ll feel that way until the “new” wares off a little. That said, has anybody been to NW OHV with the stock bronco? If so, how was it? From what I can tell there is a good mix of simple to complex trails.

New2This

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems to be the only legal place in the area. I went to the Off Rodeo event in Austin this weekend. It was fantastic but it made me realize 1) the stock bronco is way more impressive than I had thought, and 2) this beginner wants to go places that I know other stock broncos have gone and not destroyed the rig. I’ll feel that way until the “new” wares off a little. That said, has anybody been to NW OHV with the stock bronco? If so, how was it? From what I can tell there is a good mix of simple to complex trails.

I have pretty limited off roading experience, I did a brono even at the bridgeport OHV park. it was a lot of fun. didn't go on the tough stuff, but had a great time.

Tezuhhray

Big Bend
First Name
Tezerae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m new as well, I read a post earlier saying that Loan Star Off Road Park in Grand Prairie is a really good spot. I have a 5 year old boy, when are you in town?
Look up https://lonestaroffroadpark.com/gallery

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXLazer

TXLazer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool. I just found that place also. Bridgeport seems a little more intense so maybe I’ll try lone star on the first trip with my daughter. My bronco is tentatively scheduled to be delivered in 2.5 weeks. I’d be down to meet up 9/24 if I have my bronco or 10/8 of your around!

Tezuhhray

Big Bend
First Name
Tezerae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds great!! Let’s do it!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its probably 2 hours east of you but check out Barnwell Mountain offroad park in Gilmer TX. Im in Shreveport, LA and theyre about an hour half from me. We have a local Jeep club that makes regular trips and its always a blast.
Sponsored