Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My BB Bronco should be at the dealer this weekend and I ordered dual tops. With the exception of the stupidly designed rear hatch, I like the soft top for summer so picked up both tops.

I am trying to figure out the best way to store the soft top for the winter months. I know it comes in a pallet but but that takes a ton of floor space.

Anyone figure a way to hang the top on a wall? I was thinking maybe making some kind of wall mount using the factory bolt holes in the side mounts, but I guess I need to see the top off the truck to figure it out.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got mine on a shelf. It's folded back, and I used wood blocks on the mount rails so that there is no weight on the rubber seals - it's supported on the metal track.

I laid the windows out flat on the inside, all the soft top toys (bimini tops and what not) are rolled up in there, and put a piece of cardboard over the top to keep the cats off it (although they still get inside it).

It would be nice to get it vertical, it might save a bit of room, but not sure how that would work out. I certainly don't have any wall space open though; I barely have room for this on the shelf as it is - my garage is way too cramped.

Hopefully someone figures out something cleaner - would love to see it too

Ford Bronco Best way to store soft top for winter? stuff

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the factory bolt holes would probably work best. Maybe some angle iron bolted to the wall that was spaced and drilled to fit the factory mounts. Also, so you are aware, the soft top is heavy, awkwardly balanced and a two person job to move around and install.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using the factory bolt holes would probably work best. Maybe some angle iron bolted to the wall that was spaced and drilled to fit the factory mounts. Also, so you are aware, the soft top is heavy, awkwardly balanced and a two person job to move around and install.
That was my other concernā€¦the awkward size and weight putting it on and taking it off. It most likely will be just me trying to wrangle it around. I was thinking of rigging up some kind of hoist or something.

I found a used Toplift Pro for a good price so all set for removing the clamshell. Just need to figure out the softop piece.

BruceEnglish

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a hoist for the hard top. So I kept the pallet the soft top came on and when I'm done with the soft top for the summer I put it back on the pallet and lift it up with the hoist I use for the hard top. I had to use some additional straps but it works. I'm thinking I may sit the pallet on a piece of plywood next time as the straps are deforming the soft pallet a little bit.

Sponsored

Sanndmann3

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the hard top on during winter and plan on switching to soft top in spring. currently trying to figure out how to hoist and hang soft top/hard top in off season. Thinking on making a 2x4 frame for them to rest on and hang from rafters...

Narhode

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Audi Q7, V8 Vantage
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hang mine with the Thule cargo box hoist

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Out of curiosity, how much do each of the tops (hard & soft) weigh?

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t have a pic. I mounted chains up high on garage wall as wide apart as the top is. Chains are just a few feet long. Hooks/or bolts at bottom hook into holes where top mounts. I would set top on ground just under chains and using tie down straps just pull the top up a foot per side at a time. When it was high enough I would hook the chains on. Right now my set is holding SAS flares.

image.jpg